Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bugboy1641

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Dan and I figured it was about time I introduced myself. I've been a member for a little while but just skirted around the edges having a browse here and there.

I'm English but am currently living in New Zealand as a Peugeot Tech in Auckland. I love it here as there is so much to do, I surf during the Summer months and Snowboard in the Winter.
Anyhow, I've always had an interest in model aircraft engines, as a young boy I would buy RCME and file away all the sections on glow engines but always thought it more as a dream to build one rather than a reality.
I haven't used a Lathe since my college days over 18years ago and once my Residency is sorted I'm going to start looking around for a Lathe to buy, being a mechanic allows me access to the scrap metal bin so no shortage of bits and bobs to practice on.
I'm smart enough to know that I have to walk before I can run and I'll be starting off learning to build a basic steam engine before trying something more exotic. My desire is to build a multi-cylinder miniature engine. Hopefully with all the info and experience on this site it will soon be a reality!!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and have a nice day! :)

Hi Dan & wEc1

Regards from Sunny Spain
Gordy

Dan,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Dan Welcome we are eager to help those who want to learn.
while waiting for the lathe I suggest you read up on machining and collect s few plan sets and study them maybe even redraw the plans on index cars an add a few notes .
Lots of info here to glean from.
Tin

Thanks for the welcome everyone,

I've got a small drill press so far, its pretty limiting in what I can do but enthusiasm I have in abundance!

Dan

Back