Newbie from NZ

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kwikill.paul

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just joined, hoping to learn. I've had a small home built lathe I bought, but have just got a generic mini lathe, which is quite an upgrade in capabilities. I have so far enjoyed tweaking it, and it was really unusable out of the box. Youtube of course invaluable, but If you don't mind I am sure i'll end up asking for tips here.

Many thanks
Paul.

Hi all,

I've just joined, hoping to learn. I've had a small home built lathe I bought, but have just got a generic mini lathe, which is quite an upgrade in capabilities. I have so far enjoyed tweaking it, and it was really unusable out of the box. Youtube of course invaluable, but If you don't mind I am sure i'll end up asking for tips here.

Many thanks
Paul.

Hi Paul,

welcome!
What part of the country are you in?
Lots of helpful people here so ask away.

Hi Paul
I am in Lower Hutt.

So with all the kiwis here are there any on the South Island? I’m in Blenheim.

Hi follow kiwis,I have been a member for a while now. Reside in Napier and have been a toolmaker for almost 60 years but still very active and still try a learn something every day...Have almost completed a EDWARDS 5 radial engine for use in a to be built SKYRAIDER. regards guys Noel.

Another Napier dweller here.
Purchased my first lathe when I was 14 and have been tinkering ever since, mainly steam engines but planning on building an IC engine one day when I get the time. Working more on cars these days but the lathe still gets the occasional job.
Cheers, Nicolas

Latest posts

Back