New Video

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great video but I want to see the pour :big:

Dave

So did I. I can spend hours and hours watching videos like that. tubalcain has some nice foundry/pouring videos that I llinked to from one that was posted here. I am going on 69 this year and getting pretty crippled up. I would have to live to be 150 and not crippled up to be able to do all the things I have found videos on utube so far in life. I do not know why I waited so long before I bought my first lathe and mill. john

That's a great video. For someone like myself who has never seen any casting done it was very informative and entertaining.

Ray

Sir
I watched that video with absolute fascination and felt a sense of loss when it ended so soon.
Please post the pour if u can :bow:
Pete

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX4AgCBAfJQ[/ame]
Part 2
John

thanks for that mate
I will watch it again tomorrow :)
Pete

I've never seen that done before: looks less difficult than when reading how to do that on books.
Thank You very muck.
Marcello

Beautiful tutorial on casting AND safety John! :bow:

Rick

Way cool!! Question. The stuff you sprayed on then lit. I'm assuming it's to help seal the sand for a smoother
finish. Is this correct? What is it? some sort of graphite and.... alcohol?? A very lite grade of oil?

Graphite powder mixed with brake cleaner it improves the surface finish and also hardens the mould

That was awesome John! I remember watching the foundry ramming my molds for my launch engine....looked just like it!

Dave

Thanks for the excellent videos.

Casting is on my (long) list of things to try.

Hi John,

I think very cool all about home foundry... congratulations!!!

One day I will get to do something similar... before I need space... eheheheh

Thank you for share with us!

Cheers,

Alexandre Machado

Latest posts

Back