New UK member

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CheshireAllan

Reaction score
Just thought I would say Hi 🙋‍♂️ I live in the middle of Cheshire in the UK, I have a small workshop in a British single garage, but I have squeezed in a Myford Super 7, Cormak MK25L mill, decent work bench with a big compressor under it, fabrication area with MIG and TIG, then the normal parts washer, shot blasting cabinet ect, so I can do most things, as for what I make, mostly new tools to make more tools 🤣

Welcome.

Those Myford 7's are the cat's meow in my opinion as far as a nice small lathe (everyone has their favorite lathe type, but I have always admired the Myford 7 series).

You got some engine build ideas in mind that you want to attempt? or have you already built some engines?

Glad to have you along for the ride.

Pat J

I do love my Myford :) at some point I want to get a bigger workshop, as I could really do with a bigger lathe for some of the bits I get asked to do, but will still keep the Myford and might even get it put in the ground with me lol.

I have started a horizontal engine a while ago, but lost momentum, as it was possibly stretching my skills at that point, but I do keep looking at it, and the plans are still on the bench lol

but most of the bits I make seem to be tools to make tools to do a job that someone askes me to make lol, saying that I am a full time carer to my wife and 2 kids with autism, so my workshop 2 days a week between school hours is my bit of sanity, and keeps the brain working, but it also means I am quite limited in how much I can get done each day :)

I find workshop time to be very relaxing, and it gives me something to focus on and forget all the problems of the world.

I have always dreamed of building engines too, since I was very young; I just love to think about engine designs.

I gave up on building engines for many years, but kept going back and trying, until I finally succeeded.
Never give up on the engine building dreams; at least that is my motto.

Good luck to you.
Patience and persistance does pay off in the end.

Pat J

Oh I never give up, I just have a rather long list of jobs to do, and things keep getting added and pushed to the top 🤣 but one day I will get there :)

Oh I never give up, I just have a rather long list of jobs to do, and things keep getting added and pushed to the top 🤣 but one day I will get there :)
Hi Allan,

I live in S Leicestershire. Welcome to this helpful forum. Your post above could have been written by most of us I suspect, certainly holds true for me,

Best regards

TerryD

Just thought I would say Hi 🙋‍♂️ I live in the middle of Cheshire in the UK, I have a small workshop in a British single garage, but I have squeezed in a Myford Super 7, Cormak MK25L mill, decent work bench with a big compressor under it, fabrication area with MIG and TIG, then the normal parts washer, shot blasting cabinet ect, so I can do most things, as for what I make, mostly new tools to make more tools 🤣
Welcome to the group

Dave

I do love my Myford :) at some point I want to get a bigger workshop, as I could really do with a bigger lathe for some of the bits I get asked to do, but will still keep the Myford and might even get it put in the ground with me lol.

I have started a horizontal engine a while ago, but lost momentum, as it was possibly stretching my skills at that point, but I do keep looking at it, and the plans are still on the bench lol

but most of the bits I make seem to be tools to make tools to do a job that someone askes me to make lol, saying that I am a full time carer to my wife and 2 kids with autism, so my workshop 2 days a week between school hours is my bit of sanity, and keeps the brain working, but it also means I am quite limited in how much I can get done each day :)
Yup, you get a good tool like lathe and mill then you makes tools to make more tools to make the tools to make the parts. We all do that too.

Back