New to Forum

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithw

Reaction score
Hi to everyone.
I'm into making and mending almost anything (that I can afford):). I used to be an Electronics Engineer (mainly satellites), and now in my wrinkly years, I tend to mess about with digital stuff to improve things like a lathe or mill. I hope I can provide some input, and learn something at the same time.
Keith

Hi to everyone.
I'm into making and mending almost anything (that I can afford):). I used to be an Electronics Engineer (mainly satellites), and now in my wrinkly years, I tend to mess about with digital stuff to improve things like a lathe or mill. I hope I can provide some input, and learn something at the same time.
Keith
Welcome! I see your location is Antartica? I guess it is high summer down there now? Lots of good beaches?

;)

Craig

Hi to everyone.
Keith

Welcome to the group Keith. What are you currently making or mending? Converting a manual mill or lathe to CNC? Tell us about your projects (aka Toys) both current and future.

Hello Everyone,

I'm recently retired and planning on installing CAD and starting a new design or 2. I will be reviewing the software forum (haven't yet) for input as to what hobby level CAD would be good to use.

Bill

Hi to everyone.
Keith
Welcome to the group

Dave

Hi to everyone.
Keith
My son and I were just talkng about how Antarcticans live and do things. I was wondering if pot is legal there yet?

Welcome, Bill. There have been quite a few discussions about various CAD options, with no clear consensus. I personally use FreeCAD for all of my 3d design; I used to use LibreCAD for 2d CAD, and still use it once in a while, but these days mostly just go straight to the 3d model, from which I can generate the 2d drawings as needed. Note that FreeCAD is opensource and very much under development; that has both good and bad implications. Works great for me, but it is not everyone's cup of tea.

Latest posts

Back