New to Forum, Illinois

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,
I retired this year and am getting more interested in machine work and more specifically scale engines that I see on this forum. I have been reading lots of the prior posts and am inspired and a little intimidated by some of the work showcased. I look forward to learning more and getting more shop time.
Steve

Hello Steve!

We were all there at one time or another. Beginner trying to make parts and taking 2 or 3 tries to eke out something useable. After some time it gets easier and you make a 4 cylinder engine. Then that goes ok so you build a V8 engine. Pretty soon 5 years have gone by and you can make good parts. Then you spend some time learning to make piston rings and spark plugs and before you know it your typing a reply to a guy with the same first name as you. Where did the time go? Anyway welcome to the forum. Anything you need just ask. Great bunch here willing to help out.

Steve

Hello and welcome. Kind of new to it myself. The more you do the better/easier it gets.

Hi Steve--Welcome. There are some very good and knowledgeable model engineers on this forum. Learn lots and have fun.---Brian

Thanks to all for the welcome.
Chuck, I am a retired civil/mechanical engineer, mostly invloved with minicipal sewer and water projects.
Trying to get my shop cleaned/organized or whatever you want to call it. Plenty of things to do now, but want to be ready for winter shop time, coming soon.

Latest posts

Back