New Tiny ETW WHIPPET Engine?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The angle of the bottom hose looks OK, but the top hose just doesn't look right. Should it run "downhill"? If I had the engine, and knew what I was doing, I would machine off the outlet from the head and somehow make a new outlet that pointed up to the top pipe in the hopper. My car has a thermosyphon system and they can work OK.
Hi Lee, it does work OK. The original design from 1963 has the pipe coming out the top of head. I'm tempted to do this as machining the boss straight is OK, but the threads would need filling and drilling. Not sure I want to do that. Also, coming straight up out of the head will reduce the chances of air trapped in the head. Thanks, Nigel

The angle of the bottom hose looks OK, but the top hose just doesn't look right. Should it run "downhill"?

No problem if the length of hose from top of angled pipe on the cylinder to the top of the barrel is long enough to make the coolant circulating.

That runs very well. Is this running on gas or petrol?

The engine is running on 95 octane petrol. :) (gas is short word for gasoline = petrol in american word)
Nice to know the engine ran very well due I am deaf man since I was born. :)

Thought I would make some trolley wheels so that I have a stationary engine on a trolley

whippet-wheel-012.jpg

They are not perfect, but think they are going to look the part.

whippet-wheel-013.jpg

Latest posts

Back