Help Support HMEM:

stevehuckss396

Model Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
After I click on "new posts" the list of posts that have been made sense my last visit gets displayed. What do i click on to go directly to the new posts? everything i click seems to take me to page 1 and the first post.

Cogsy

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I can't check it now as I've read all the new posts but it looks to me that once you are taken to post #1 there is a button on the top right, just above the first post, which says "jump to new" which will take you to the first unread post. Seems painful to me as it was much better the old way, but until there's a better way at least it works.

Ghosty

Reaction score
Cogsy, if you want to go to the last post, just click on the date on the right had side of the thread bar. Same on a lot of other sites that use.
Cheers
Andrew
EDIT:- Sorry, not date, Day and Time.

Cogsy

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I just checked the 'new posts' and clicked on the thread titles as normal and it jumped me to the last unread post like it used to. I would guess the update killed all the cookies that showed which post we'd last read. As we use the forum more it should all reset but it might be a little painful for a few days. Just the price of progress.

stevehuckss396

Model Engineer
HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
I would guess the update killed all the cookies that showed which post we'd last read. As we use the forum more it should all reset but it might be a little painful for a few days. Just the price of progress.
That makes sense. I'll give it some time and see what happens.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, this version did not get the note as to what you had last seen. It just has to rebuild that for you.

Latest posts