new my v 4 stroke engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyengines

Reaction score
nev job v 4 stroke engine 20 cc 60°

IM003956.JPG

IM003957.JPG

IM003958.JPG

IM003959.JPG

Hi Tony,
Great start on your new engine. I have to ask this question. In the picture of your crank you show the thicker counterbalance side and a thinner opposite side. With my experience building engines I have found that the crank pin needs to be pinned or pressed well enough to prevent the two crank halves from twisting. With your thinner side it doesn't look like there's much press or pin room to hold it secure. Not a criticism but just an observation.
gbritnell

Nice! Gives me motivation to work on mine!

Hi Tony,
Excellent work on your engine. It's really starting to look like a motorcycle engine. One thing I can tell you since building mine is that the carburetor needs to be insulated from the cylinder heads. Once the heads get hot they transfer the heat to the carb and it boils the gas out of the carb. (vapor lock) I kept having this problem with mine. It would start great and run for about a minute or so and then you could see the fuel being pushed back into the clear fuel line. After putting an insulator spacer at both ends of the manifold I can get about 3-4 minutes or running time.
gbritnell

Latest posts

Back