new my mono 4 stroke ( Final video WOW :-) )

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyengines

Reaction score
mono 4 stroke 10 cc ???

IM003858.JPG

IM003843.JPG

IM003844.JPG

IM003845.JPG

As an old aeromodeler I am going to enjoy and learn from this build.Your work so far is really interesting .Is it from a drawing or streight from the head.Please keep your progress coming.

Ian (seagar)
Coffs Harbour,
Australia.

to make the designs when it is ended

it is probable that it does not work !!?? hahahahaha ;D

IM003863.JPG

IM003864.JPG

IM003865.JPG

IM003866.JPG

very nice work Tony, that is a beautiful crankcase.

Well done Thm:

Kel

Tony,
What do you use for media for "Sand" blasting the aluminum to make it look like a casting.
I have been using "Black Diamond" slag, and it is a bit coarser and more aggressive then the finish on your parts.
I typically "Rough" machine the part from bar stock, then sandblast to make it look like a casting, then add the finish machined surfaces, holes, counterbores etc.

tonyengines said:

You are my hero.
I have yet to complete a single cylinder aero engine for fear of failure.Only piston and con-rod to finish up.Drawings came a UK Aeromodel magazine.
Quite a few were build and did run well with some powering planes and flew well.

When completed ,please post a video with sound effects.

My failure is because of bad case of fishingitis and boat disease.I fish every Sat. and Sunday.
Boat now being upgraded with marine electronics i.e. GPS/Chart Plotter,Fishfinder and Auto-Pilot.This weekend will
finish up a mini steam engine.
Gus,from Singapore

Latest posts

Back