Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome, Benvenuto, Bienvenue, Bienvenido.... :big:
Best regards
Paolo

Welcome aboard, Mauro.

These guys are crazy nuts about engines and know about everything there is to know. Trust me, you can't avoid learning here unless you're a dummy like me and NO one's as much as dummy as I am.

Advantage of being a grandparent: You can spoil 'em rotten then give 'em back. ;D

BEst regards,

Kludge

Hi all,
I'm just getting started in setting up a home metal working shop. I have a RF30/31 clone and I'm waiting for a HF 9 X 20 Lathe to come to the warehouse so I can special order through my local store.
I'm putting the mill/drill back together, the guy I bought it from had it dismantled and in storage in his barn for a while. I'm also getting the shop area in my garage ready with insulation, sheeting on the walls, and what not.
I hope to spend some time at first just getting the machines setup and get started on tooling. Then get familiar with machining metal and making small parts maybe some beginner type engines and stuff. I would like to build a radial engine like from Ageless Engines or the Snow Tandem Engine that was presented in a some older issues of Home Machinist some day. But that's a long way off. I think just getting these machines in place and learning them will be a blast, just as much fun as actually making something :)
Gerry

Welcome to the forum Gerry, I am sure you will find both help and inspiration here. We would love to see pics of your shop as it progresses too.

Bill

Gerry:
Welcome to the board yes shop pic when you get a chance.
We all started at the bottom of the learning curve at some point. There are lots of real tively easy projects out there to learn on.
Tin

Thanks for the welcome fellas!
Yes, I'll get some pictures of the shop and the tools. The camera will be happy, it don't get out much :big:
Gerry

Gerry welcome to the board, My first mill was an RF 31 and it was quit capable and my second lathe was an HF 9 x20, very nice machine.

Please post pics of you machine's, projects and shop we love pics.;)

Gerry,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome Gerry!

I was in your shoes about 3 years ago. I went to the NAMES show and wanted to build one of everything and a few of my own designs. Even went as far as to purchase the plans and casting for the 9 cylinder. If I live another 56 years i should run out of projects.

Thanks for the welcome Bob... and Bob!
Steve, looks like I'm in trouble. I plan on going to the Names Show in Toledo, about a 3 hour drive for me. I think I will buy the 9 cylinder engine plans and casting too!
I'm glad that such a show exists and is not too far away. Can't wait to see all the stuff as well as catch a couple of seminars.
Gerry

Gerry

Welcome. This a great forum with lots of helpful people. You couldn't ask for a better bunch of people and their knowledge is unbelievable.

Bob

Gerry Sweetland said:
Thanks for the welcome Bob... and Bob!
Steve, looks like I'm in trouble. I plan on going to the Names Show in Toledo, about a 3 hour drive for me. I think I will buy the 9 cylinder engine plans and casting too!
I'm glad that such a show exists and is not too far away. Can't wait to see all the stuff as well as catch a couple of seminars.
Gerry

Stop and say hi. I'll be sitting with my Peewee V4 project.

Hello All, I,m Brian from St.Cloud Minnesota. I,m glad I found this site theres a lots of good stuff on here. I like to build steam engines RC airplans and helicopters. I really like working with the lathe,mill and cnc machines. thanks BRI

Welcome Brian,
I have alot of the same interests a/c and heli's too.
Tony

Brian,

Welcome to the best site on the web in my humble opinion.

Bob

Welcome BRI...hope you will find lots of inspiration here.

Bill

Latest posts

Back