Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Foozer,

I'm sure you'll find lots of interesting stuff here and also interest in what you're doing.

Look forward to seeing more of your output

Al

Foozer, you have the first critical element well in hand - a sense of humor. It will get plenty of exercise as you build plus here amongst the inmates at the HMEM asylum.

Bride #1 wasn't convinced about the lathe et al in the living spaces. Bride #2 ... well, she wasn't convinced either. They're both ex-brides. One of the ground rules for any potential bride #3 is to accept that the apartment is divided into two sections - shop and other - and they occupy the same space. It's a small studio. They have to.

Anyway, it looks like the madness has well and truly taken hold so you will be doing more. Have fun and enjoy!

BEst regards,

Kludge

You've come to the right place - just don't let the fuffy bunnies get to you.

Foozer,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome. Nice first post!

I like the valve incorporated into the top of the engine.

Foozer,

Welcome to HMEM. Your first post is a hoot!

Your engine is nicely done. The brass air inlet on top of the engine is a nice touch.

Chuck

Welcome Foozer. Nice first engine. Have fun here....we all do in our own way :big:. Note to self: Choosing basement (heated) for workshop and letting wife have garage (unheated) was a good idea. Probably won't break 30F today.

Cheers,
Phil

yes WELCOME foozer i too like this valve on the engine very nice.
now spit out all those ideas so we can snag them too.

Hi Foozer,
Jack here from Issaquah and a noobie also. Nice job on your first engine. Do you think the Boeing Dreamliner will ever get off the ground? I know an acquaintance working on the project who says no. Anyway, it's good to see another Wa. hobbiest(sp) on the board.

Foozer:
welcome good to have another rivetbender on the board. Did a couple years in aircraft structural maint for the Air Guard.
Nice little first engine there I too like the built in throttle.
Good to hear someone actually using the craftsman 109.
Tin

Thanks to all for the Welcome, not much of a talker here. The personal Motto is” I know nothing, no one person knows it all, collectively though, possibilities exist.”

Been what is called a Lurker here and the post aimed at drawing us out hit another target.

Favor jigs to ease the building process so those that have the touch keep posting the ideas, they go not wasted.

Will put a picture of the stone axe lathe into the proper thread today. It’s in the process of having the newfound treadmill motor attached. The need for closer rotating speed to material control is at hand.

So again appreciate the Welcome mat at the door, I’ll try not to track the mud onto your carpet. So while its too cold out time is spent playing with Shetchup, thinking some practice in flywheel making will occupy time when the day of two of warmth comes about. Gonna try making this, and like everything else the idea outweighs the talent.

finger%20engine%20320.jpg

JackF said:
Hi Foozer,
Jack here from Issaquah and a noobie also. Nice job on your first engine. Do you think the Boeing Dreamliner will ever get off the ground? I know an acquaintance working on the project who says no. Anyway, it's good to see another Wa. hobbiest(sp) on the board.

On Camano Island here
Ya it'll fly, be a tad behind schedule and a lot of burnt out mechanics from those 12 hour days but it will fly. Worked on the triple 7 in body structure 46 section (body tube aft of the wings) from WA001 on. So if you fly in one, the skin laps around you foot level are of my doing, dont have to worry about them coming apart :). Do have to give the engineers credit. It goes together much nicer that the 47 or 67. Worked on them also.

Was one of the best shows I've seen in this life, being in the same bay the early on days of the 777 got to watch the full scale unit in its death jig. That poor thing got twisted every which way from Sunday and the day finally came for the wing break test. Now a full size wing being bent near vertical at the tip is one thing, when it lets go, the sound was a building shaker. Can we do that again daddy.

Ah, gotta love destruction tests!

Welcome Foozer!

Foozer, welcome aboard! If and when you find the secret to getting the bride on board with having machine tools in the living areas of the home, I for one would be interested to know! I'd bet there are many others, too!! ;D

Latest posts

Back