Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ola Maltesson

Reaction score
Hallo. I just signed up to be a member.
My name is Ola Malteson from Sweden. My last project is twostroke glow engine with one exhust valve.

Attachments

• IMG_4407.JPG
    IMG_4407.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 315
Hello,
I'm a retired Geologist from Germany, unfortunately not without a job. I always liked to make things, mechanical and electronic. First thing I built after retirement was a CNC mill, after the third attempt I was satisfied, though there still are thing that might be improved. It runs on LinuxCNC and does it well. After many broken end mills I managed to get a Flame eater done, my latest project was a Balancier, the design from Gerry Dykstra. It is finished now and runs well on air. Besides that I own a fully restored BMW 2002tii in Golfgelb. In my mecanical workshop I have a Optimum 240 lathe and a TB20/12 drilling maschine. I like this forum and hope to get some ideas for my next projects.
Thorsten

In English please guys - others want to understand the conversation as well.
Sorry. A Swedish questions. My engine is designed by Ruben Andersson. In the old days this type of engine was used in fishingboats.
My engine should also be water cold but I made it air.

Hi Ola and Thorsten. I do find some interesting things here. While I end up doing tiny things on occasion I'm not a model maker, do things a bit larger usually with strong interest in steam. But usually doing all kinds of things other than steam. Do have a steam engine powered off road truck I put together. I have a home foundry set up sort of functional, and use antique machines. A 13" F.E.Reed lathe and 18" American lathe, both made for line shaft shop and adapted to electric, and a Fabco mill which is probably over 50 years old. Farming is my choice of occupation, produce growing mainly, but I've done a large variety of things from ham radio to natural healing to horse training and timber work logging and saw milling. Back in the forest in middle TN USA.

hello from el paso tx.country boy in the desert horses,mountains, moon shine. farming .old school machines....welcome

Hi Ola welcome to the forum. There's lots of useful and interesting threads on here and we are a friendly bunch.

Cya around the forum

Harry

This is a very interesting design.
Welcome to the forum!

Back