Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobs7-62steamair

Reaction score
Just joined the group. Like to build anything requiring use of my mini machine tools. Currently working on a hot air engine. Previously built a live steam 1.5" scale shay locomotive. Reside in SW Missouri area. Interested in talking to other model engineers in this area, always like to talk shop and techniques.

Hi Herbie: Good to hear from several of you from the great country of Australia! I am curious what the term Ozzie is defined as? My guess that it is slang for Australian, correct? If not please enlighten me.
Back in the 2000 time frame I bought a steam locomotive from a friend in Western Australia, believe his name was Keith Watson. Locomotive was 3-3/4" scale that ran on 7.5" gage track, weighed around 850 pounds, top of the cab was about 3.5 ft. high. Good to be associating with a great bunch from around the globe.
Bob

I am curious what the term Ozzie is defined as? My guess that it is slang for Australian, correct?

You cracked our code! We spell it in different ways, depending on which part of Australia you live in. I'm from Western Australia (West Oz) and although we live in Oz, we call ourselves Aussies over her. It all sounds the same when spoken, just for some reason we can't agree on how to spell it...

Welcome, being on the same corner as Springfield, have you been to the grizzly warehouse? I spent a few nights in Joplin last summer. Get much east or south and the land sure does get pretty.

Hi Bob. You guessed it. As Cogsy said, it's just a matter of spelling. We all live in the land down under aka Straya :D

Latest posts

Back