Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kpar

Kpar
Reaction score
Hi all, A little about me, Ex Mechanic, Ex Panel Beater/Sprayer Ex Welder
and master of none. Health has interrupted my past hobby of restoring vintage car s & bikes. I purchased a AL-320 G a couple of years ago and now trying to teach myself how to use it, and now I probably have enough knowledge to be dangerous. Anyway found this forum when searching for a DRO kit for the lathe and was impressed with the abundance of information.
Please bear with me if I ask some stupid questions as I'm just learning.
I have spent a fair bit of time reading up & watching videos to get the basics of turning and now is the time to actually manufacture something.
Enough of me
Regards
Kpar

Hello Kpar and welcome

Ask all the stupid questions you want. Those are the only ones I can actually answer. You are correct about the abundance of information, but also this is the hang out for some of the most talented hobbyist machinists on the planet. You can find a lot of help here for just about any machining problem that may pop up.

And a big welcome from a fellow Aussie.

Hi Kpar and welcome to the forums from the other side of the world. So what sort of projects do you have in mind?

Hi Kpar and welcome to the forums from the other side of the world. So what sort of projects do you have in mind?
Well ever since my youngedrays I always wanted to build a "Hot Air Fan Engine" My dad had one in his workshop that came from Africa. He often clamped it in the vice and heated it up with the oxy tourch. I have a photo somewhere and when i find it I'll post on the forum. I don't want to get too amphibious at this stage, just learning.
Kpar

Hi Kpar, and welcome from yet another Aussie!

Back