Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gitboxhero

Reaction score
Hey Gents,
I have been looking through this site for a while now and just stumbled across a post citing people for not introducing themselves, so I apologize I was unaware.
Personally I don't have any machines, but the place I work has 2 Haas machines, a TM-1 and TL-1 as well as a little southbend lathe. Myself as long as a welder friend of mine are pretty big into rc cars, which it was just a matter of time before we started to build one from the ground up.
Right now is the point where we have to figure out a power plant for this beast. The total length of the vehicle is 14.400" and we are trying to have multiple cylinders. I have cnc capabilities but I still know I have a lot to learn, if at all possible I would like to use as much hand machining as possible as to keep a high level of craftsmanship.......any thoughts?

Zane

Welcome Zane, and thanks for the introduction. Hopefully some of the members more into multi-cylinder small IC engines will be able to help with your question. Some pictures of the "beast" might be helpful too.

Regards,
Bill

Latest posts

Back