Help Support HMEM:

gitboxhero

Reaction score
Hey Gents,
I have been looking through this site for a while now and just stumbled across a post citing people for not introducing themselves, so I apologize I was unaware.
Personally I don't have any machines, but the place I work has 2 Haas machines, a TM-1 and TL-1 as well as a little southbend lathe. Myself as long as a welder friend of mine are pretty big into rc cars, which it was just a matter of time before we started to build one from the ground up.
Right now is the point where we have to figure out a power plant for this beast. The total length of the vehicle is 14.400" and we are trying to have multiple cylinders. I have cnc capabilities but I still know I have a lot to learn, if at all possible I would like to use as much hand machining as possible as to keep a high level of craftsmanship.......any thoughts?

Zane

b.lindsey

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Welcome Zane, and thanks for the introduction. Hopefully some of the members more into multi-cylinder small IC engines will be able to help with your question. Some pictures of the "beast" might be helpful too.

Regards,
Bill