Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Entropy455

Reaction score
Hello.

I have been viewing this site for several weeks now (and also viewing you-tube videos of miniature working engines – I LOVE it!). I decided to create an account.

I am a Mechanical Engineer, licensed in the State of Washington. My background is in thermodynamic fluid systems and machine design. I have been fortunate enough to have recently built my dream garage, which is stocked with great shop equipment.

Interests – I have a working W-680 radial engine, and some day I’d like to build a miniature working model of it. I am a skilled welder, and a so-so machinist. I’ve got a small bench-top lathe, a medium size 13 x 36” lathe, and a large 10-ft lathe. A have a medium size milling machine and a 50-ton press. I’ve got a TIG welder, stick welder, MIG welder, and oxy-acetylene outfit. And most importantly, a forklift to move things around!

My first attempt at building a model engine will be a small hit-and-miss, of my own design. I’ll keep you posted. . . .

V/R

Eric.M

Welcome Eric. We look forward to your hit n miss build. Lots of pictures please.

Welcome Eric .Sounds like the bug has hit . Just dive in and build something .As I read just recently we all have made parts 2 and 3 times over.Yes me to .Dale

Welcome aboard Eric. Take a deep breath and then make some chips!!! Oh, and don't forget to share it with us.

Look forward to seeing your project.

Harold

Welcome Eric.
Think I have workshop envy!

Eric,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Latest posts

Back