New member (Georgia, USA)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still wish I could run the videos you post every now and then (this is one of them) .
They just dont do anything. :-(
...lew...

Kirk, Welcome to the board...GREAT people!!!
I'm not too far from you, (Clarkesville), have a 10" EMCO Maximat.
Might be able to get together sometime.
Good Luck,
Julian G.

mklotz said:
It was then that I realized that Benny Hill was not humor, but rather a documentary. :)

I really do like that Marv ;D Cheers ............ perhaps you might enjoy researching Spike Milligna ...... the well known typing error ;D :D ;D

CC

kvom said:
For the offroad fabrication jobs, ..............

Mmmmmmmmmm ......... Kirk, sounds like you need some serious equipment mate 8) ........ I'd really appreciate some photo's at some time in the future ......... all the best ;)

CC

I have officially made chips as of tonight. I went to my first machining class from 4:00pm to 9:30. In that time I ground a 1/2" HSS cutting tool for the lathe, cut off 4 lengths ~6" of 5/8" CRS bar with a bandsaw, faced and center-drilled both ends of each, and watched as the instructor demonstrated how to knurl one of the piece.

The class project for the next couple of weeks is a pair of mechanics clamps; the rods will be threaded and have knurled ends. The jaws of the clamps will be machined and drilled on the mill.

Other projects during the term will be an Aloris tool holder and a metal hammer. I should also be able to finish the TB2 flywheels.

I am using a 16x40 Harrison lathe. I did take a few pics that I can post later. A very enjoyable first day.

Congratulations, Kirk. Welcome to the world of machinery :)

Hmmm,

Pictures look like my shop... Oh, wait, that's in my dreams!

Chuck

Hello Kirk, from another new poster. Only been on here a few short days, but they are not only cheerful but very knowledgeable! my workshop is here :- http://www.mikes-models.com/ccworkshop.html for what it is worth. There is a Big quality difference between the Myford ML10 and my Turner (Chinese) lathe, but the Turner allows me to do more........I have a Myford ML7 which is being refurbished, after which the ML10 will have to find a new home..........

Poured the slab for the new garage/shop today: ;D

large.jpg

Latest posts

Back