New member from the UK

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mo deller

Reaction score
Hello to you all.

I live in Norfolk, England and am just getting a workshop set up at home. I was looking for ideas and inspiration on the internet when I came across this forum with an easy to read layout and a membership that comes across as a very friendly bunch with some great ideas and skills aplenty.
My main enjoyment has been building and flying r/c model aircraft but I am interested in many types of model building.

I inherited an ML7 from my dad in the mid 70’s and started to turn up a few bits and pieces. During a spell of redundancy in the 80,s I embarked on a six month capstan operating course which taught me some of the basics. I made a start on a Vega 9cc glow that was published in the Model Engineer magazine. I also bought a milling machine from a retiring engineer nearby. Then came marriage and a family so everything took a back seat until now.
I have moved the lathe to its new home but have the challenge of moving the mill still to come.
I am very keen to get going on the Vega again but have a few questions to ask before I do.
I have enjoyed reading all the stuff on here and hope I can contribute something worthwhile when I get sorted.

Regards Peter.

ps, I messed up my first go at posting this by trying to attach photo's. I know how much you all like to see some so sorry there are none to look at now but if this goes ok thanks to rake 60 for the help in finally getting this posted.

Welcome aboard! ;D

If you have any questions ask away. There are plenty of experienced guys on the board to help!

Welcome. You can't find a better bunch of people whom are willing to help get you started again.

Mo deller,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome, welcome. I have a new motto for you......"your never alone with an HMEM"! And thats the truth. Great bunch my best advice is don't be afraid to ask no matter how silly you think it is...because I bet there are others thinking exactly the same .....

Welcome peter
We have worked hard to keep this a friendly place. A place that is fit for women children and small animals. We try to be helpful and respectful to one another and once in a while you may even get a correct answer to you questions. enjoy.
Tin

Wellcome Peter.

Have a great day.

Charles of Ulladulla

hellooooo from calif us and Welcome to the great place. may you make many chips

Welcome to the HMEM forum.

Chuck

Thankyou all for the warm welcome. I will now try and finish my post with the photos.

First is the set up so far with the lathe and pillar drill.
20090228_01.jpg

Next is the cupboard under the drill I made up from scraps with doors from my neighbours who changed their kitchen.
20080314_02.jpg

Last the inside of the drawer where I used some food trays that just happened to fit. I hate waste and get a kick from finding new uses for stuff.
20080314_03.jpg

That's it so far. Just hope it works.

Mo with fingers crossed ;D

Looks like you have the photobucket thing figured out Mo.
Nice Myford!

Rick

Back