New member from Ohio

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave G

Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Dave Gibbs. I've been lurking here for a few months now, so I figured I should join. I'm a
retired tool and die maker with over thirty years of experience. I worked for a leading bearing
manufacturer for 30 years. For my last 10 years of employment I worked in what we called the
Model Shop. We made all the prototypes and lab tooling to test these prototypes. I have about 8
years experience running and programming a Mazak 4 axis machining center. I've worked with some
older tool makers that were just mind boggling in what they make. Being involved in this atmosphere
has really helped me in my hobbies,( model engine building, rifle building, and drag racing). The models
I like to build mostly are my own scatchbuilt, although I have built hit@miss casting kits, a Lee Hodgden
9 cylinder radial which I have displayed at the Names expo and Cabin Fever. Presently, I have just finished
a 1/2 scale John Deere E. My next engine will probably be a gearless of my own design. I try to keep
plenty busy during the winter months working in my shop. I don't normally spend much time in the
summer in my shop but it has been known to happen. I hope this has been enough info and I'm
looking forward to spending more time on this board. Thank you.

Hi Dave, and welcome to HMEM.

With the level of experience you have, your contributions will be very interesting and informative.

I look forward to reading your posts.

-MB

Dave,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome Dave, glad to have you on board.

Welcome Dave...as has already been noted.... th_wwp

Regards,
Bill

Nice to have you on board.
I'm sure the members here will call on all that experience before very long
Regards Minerva aka TerryT

Hi Dave Welcome to the forum nice to see more of us oldies on here.

I don't consider myself old at the age of 51 but I do consider myself a high mileage model. Ha! No offense taken. Hopefully I
can put some of my high miles to good use on this forum. I started my apprentice training at the age of 19 in a facility that
was very well equipted with machinery and human talent. I have always likened it to hitting the lottery. Very fortunate I was and still am. Bye for now. Dave

Hi Dave

What thew me was the 30 + 10 Years (missread that bit), and retired.
Sorry just that most people are not so lucky as to retire before their mid sixty's.

A lesson learned. I must not assume anything. :toilet:

Best regards, Brian Thm:

Back