new member from holland

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemt

Reaction score
Hello dear people,

As many others, I accendentely landed in this forum.
I'm a modelengineer for several yaers now. Started with stem, did some stirling an now mainly building IC models. Right now I try to build L.C. Masons Mastiff.
It will be more ro less a Bull Mastiff because, beiing a Dutchie and metric orientated, I took 32 mm for the inch.
I am sure I wille like the forum.
By the way, a dutch site for modelengineering is
www.onderstoom.nl
The only problem might be, it is in Dutch.

From a wintery spring,
Nemt.

Nemt: Welcome! I hope you have a enjoyable time here, there are many members or lurkers from all parts of the world that help make this forum interesting. I took a look at your Dutch forum and that 5 cylinder steam engine is really something, if I am understanding it, is it a type of swash plate engine? Any way it looks really great, and the project part has some familiar type tooling that looks interesting. If you would be so kind to show some pictures of your Mastiff, I have heard or at least read of that name but am not sure if I've ever seen any at the N W GEARS show here in Portland Oregon USA.
Again welcome-----don

I try to send some pictures.
This picture is from an engine made by somone else. I show you asap the pictures from the parts that are ready.

Nemt

ar_mastiff_1.jpg

Nemt,

Welcome to the club. Looked around your site, some nice pictures. I enjoyed it (even tho I don't understand Dutch). What engine is that in the picture?

Eric

Eric,

The engine you see in the picture is teh before mentioned Mastiff, designed by L.C. Mason.
I am building that engine at the moment.

Nemt

Hi Nemt

Good choice of engine. L, C, Mason was a very competent model engineer and very skilled with a pencil.
I have built his Minnie traction engine and loved the build, given he was noted for IC engines im sure the Mastif will build very well.

Cheers Kevin

Hi Nemt and welcome, some time ago I bought 6 books in one lot, on ebay, 1 book is called "Building Mastiff" by L.C.Mason, it has 140 pages and would be probably very useful to you, I bought the lot because I wanted two of the other books in particular, you may have heard about this book but if not, I can send it to you as I don't think I'll ever build one!, just PM me!.

Giles

Hello Chiles,

Thank you very much for the offer, but about 1.5 years ago I bought the same book via Internet un America. It is the book that I use for building.
Soon I will send some pictures from my work on the engine.
Thanks again,

Gerrit (by first name)
Nemt ( my initials used at work)

Hallo,Ger,that's nice work.
A friend of mine has the same book.I tried to buy it of him,but he won't sell,even though he will never build the engine.
Keep the pictures coming.Hans.(formerly uit Den Haag)

Back