New Member From Auburn Indiana

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bretk

Reaction score
Greetings from Auburn, Indiana! The home of the Auburn, Cord and Duesenburg Automobiles. (Nothing that great coming out of my shop I assure you!) I have been interested/involved in live steam for the last 13 years and have been working in the periphery until recently. I have recently set up my own shop with a 1934 South Bend model 405 9" swing lathe and a Micro-Mark Mini Mill with a DRO and rotary table. I have a grizzly porta-band with bench mount cutoff saw and a generic belt sand combo unit. I have been restoring previously made engines for a while, but now am working on a single acting rotary valve beam as my first on my own project. I am also looking into getting some bronze patterns/castings made and was wondering if anyone knows of a good small-job pattern shop & foundry?

Thanks,

Bret

Likewise Bret. A warm welcome from Western Canada.

Welcome Bret,

I spent a very enjoyable afternoon in Auburn, touring the Duesenburg Museum.

Wish I had a camera with me that day. :wall:

Welcome Brett. How about some details on your engine project ;D?

Cheers,
Phil
Lancaster, PA

Phil,

It is going to be a modified Lindsey Beam engine at approx 175% size. I am trying to work out the details, but I think the mechanism will be table mounted with the flywheel hanging below. We will see if it looks neet, or if i should of stuck closer to Bills plans!

-Bret

Welcome Bret:
Sounds like you have a similar shop setup as mine an old south bend and a Micro Mark mill. Looking forward to pics of your shop and your engines.
Tin

Latest posts

Back