New kid on the block - moved from "The Break Room"

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carbide_burner

Reaction score
Seems like I didn't post in the correct forum first time round.
Still finding my way, so here goes again:

Hi there all! This is my introductory post. I have been keeping my eye on the forum for about a week now as a guest, and I decided today is the day I join!

I am a great lover of machines and engines, and I'm actually involved in the hobby of restoring antique stationary engines. A few weeks ago someone at my work gave me an old GBN model steam engine, and it immediately rekindled childhood memories of me dreaming about owning a Meccano steam engine. Now is the time to start making my own engines!

I am a fitter and turner by trade, and at the moment I'm responsible for the CNC programming at the company I work for. I am used to HUGE workpieces that weigh several tons each, so model engineering is a great escape from daily work, but still making shavings!

I'm hoping to ask a lot of stupid questions regarding the models, and hoping to learn a lot from you guys. I'm particularly interested in the different cycles of engines, and have done quite a bit of searching on the net. One new cycle to add to my list: the fire eating vacuum engine. Never knew of that...Fascinating!!!! (might just be my first project)

Enough for now. Better get my workshop in order.

Welcome c_b....sounds like you found just the right place here at HMEM.

Bill

Thanks! Looking forward to making some brass reciprocate! :big:
I'm real impressed with the quality of some of the work I've seen so far :bow:

Latest posts

Back