New here

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cl350rr

Reaction score
Hello, new guy here with mostly self taught machining experience. I have a small shop in the back yard with lathe, drill press, foundry, etc. plus some sherline stuff for winter time when the shop is too cold.

I bought a guy out of his equipment and engine projects a few years ago and set about finishing his engines before I start anything new. I managed to complete 2 of his steam engines and am working on completing the Odds and Ends hit and miss engine he started.

I have searched around and found some great ideas here and some amazing projects. hope to post completion of an engine project soon.

Welcome, hope to see some pictures.

IronHorse

Welcome cl. Whatever your interests are, this is a great community to learn from and share experiences with. We difinitely like pictures ;D

Regards,
Bill

cl350,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Thanks for the welcome, the cl350rr is no longer with me but the name stuck. it was a 1971 CL350 cafe build.

Here's a pic of the odds and ends (if I can get it to work)

oddsandends.jpg

Most of the heavy parts were made when I got it, I have been working the details. he seems to have run aground on the timing gears as he handed one of them to me wrapped up in a towl. took a bit of creative work but I got it to mesh without making a new one.

all I need to make it run is a muffler, fuel tank mount, and put the ignition together.

Welcome cl. Hope you keep us up-to-date when finishing up the Odds and Ends. Looking forward to more pictures and a video when she runs. wEc1

Regards,
Rudy

A few of my projects:

oddsandends002.jpg

wobbler, kind of hard to build one of these wrong. runs like a champ, waiting for something to power

oddsandends001.jpg

Reeves Trojan, runs great on compressed air but my boiler is not ready for prime time ::)

oddsandends003.jpg

Put-Put Skiff; quick afternoon build to demonstrate how they work... works but tube should be larger

Latest posts

Back