New here From Southern Indiana, US

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDoty

Hobby Machinist
Reaction score
Hello all, first post. I am a semi retired early mid 50's fella that is slowing down fast but am also finding I am really enjoying my home machine shop. Have mostly been a fabricator in my shop in the past to support my drag racing but the addition of a Grizzly G4003 lathe a few years ago got me interested in machining and I have just recently added a Bridgeport mill as well. The more I get into it the more I like the machining of pieces and parts. These small engine really have my attention. I would like to start out small as I am building a simple wobble cylinder air motor of my own design to help hone my skills and drive the purchase of a few more commonly used machinist tools.

I am headed solo to the NAMES "North American Engine Society" show in Detroit Mi. next weekend about a 5 hour drive to the north. Maybe I will cross paths with someone else here.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of stuff here to turn your interest into a full blown addiction. I envy you getting to NAMES, it's beyond my reach at the moment.

Would be good to meet you at the NAME next weekend. Prepare to be awed if you have not been to a NAME before. I understand there will be a table area for HMEM interested parties. Look for an old guy wearing a brown cap and a blue chambray shirt. Hope to see you there.
Bob

Welcome DD,

After eleven years of this hobby, finally another person from Indiana!! I hail from Indy. Going to NAMES on Saturday.

...Ved.

And a big welcome from the land down under.

Welcome DD,

After eleven years of this hobby, finally another person from Indiana!! I hail from Indy. Going to NAMES on Saturday.

...Ved.
This is an older intro but are you still involved ? Are you planning to go to the Ohio show in the weekend of the 25/26 ?? I found this flier.

Attachments

• Screenshot_29.jpg
    Screenshot_29.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 106
DDoty,

My wife and I will be on holiday at that time. The timing doesn't work out.

...Ved.

Latest posts

Back