New guy!!!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck

Reaction score
Hello ladies and gentlemen!

Didn't know where to post an intro, but this looked like a fairly trafficked place! Mod's: please move if not appropriate!

I joined this forum after quite a bit of brousing about in all the sections. Y'all are a very interesting group of people, and I believe that I can contribute to this board. Let me give you guys a brief profile and background of myself: I would like to keep this fairly brief, but give y'all a good idea of who I am.

My name is Chuck, and I was born and raised in rural Texas, lived here all my life, and plan to live out my life in the beautiful Texas hill country! I'm married to my high school sweetheart, and we have 4 young children (Yes, we're done!!!! LOL!!!) I'm a youngster by the standard of engineer's, electricians, and machinists, at 28. But, don't let that deceive you! I started machining when I was 14, and have not strayed from my chosen profession since! I began machining blast caps as a summer job in high school, took Machining classes through high school, while working part time as a machinist. It was at this point that I knew that I would be involved in machining the rest of my life.

As I have followed my career path, I have been: (In order) an assembler, a painter, a cnc machine operator, a manual machine operator, a manual machinist, a cnc machinist, a tool and die maker, a cnc set-up machinist, a cnc shop supervisor, a fixture designer, a cnc programmer, a technical school instructor, and finally, a Manufacturing Engineer.

Most recently, as conditions have worsened in the manufacturing field, I have been moved from my role as a Manufacturing Engineer, to a machinist. As time goes on, I must admit I'm a little bored by the day to day tasks of production machining. So, in order to keep all my skills sharp, I looked for something to stimulate my manufacturing oriented brain. And low and behold, I found you guys! Home machining of complex, running engine models is just what I need to keep every single one of my skills in tune, and avoid the dreaded "Machinist Burn-out".

So, I join the forum with 11 years of machining experience, 3 years of engineering experience, absolutely no engine experience, mediocre computer skills, the worst spelling and grammar you have ever seen, a 4 axis mill in the garage, and access to a fully equipped tool and die shop!

Thanks for having me, and I hope to contribute what knowledge I have of machining in trade for a little engine knowledge! (Without getting banned from the forum in the process! :big:)

Thanks!

Chuck

Welcome Chuck - you'll fit right in here.

Wow, some intro... :)

Welcome Chuck, pull up a chair, drink coffee and chat....

John Rudd said:
Wow, some intro... :)

Welcome Chuck, pull up a chair, drink coffee and chat....

Thanks guys! I believe I will be spending copious amounts of time here! Looking forward to many adventures in the world of model machining!

Thanks!
Chuck

Chuck,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

I moved your thread here to the Welcome board.

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome wEc1 Chuck, glad to have you on board!

Vic.

Howdy Chuck!

Born and Raised, in a little west Texas town as well. Welcome to the forums, from way down here in Houston Town. ;D

Kermit (I'm not a machinist, but I play real hard at pretending to be) ;)

Welcome chuck:
Thanks for the intro. I tell folks machining these engines is easy any 5 year old with 10 years experience can do it. Yes the welcome section is the place for intros. Looks like you will fit in just fine.
Tin

Welcome to the forum Chuck.
Your first engine will be lots of fun.
Post plenty of pics so we can enjoy it too.

Welcome Chuck and thanks for the nice intro. As others have said, you will fit right in here. Looking forward to your participation.

REgards,
Bill

And another welcome Chuck. Great intro. Have fun with us all and with building projects.

Waco, TX here. Since birth except for Military. Got a daughter in Morgan.

Start a build, keep us up with many pictures. Thanks. ironman

Welcome Chuck! wEc1 Might have been a Texan myself, but great great grandpa stopped here instead.

Rudy

Thanks a bunch guys! I really appreciate the warm welcome! ;D

Latest posts

Back