New Grizzly Mini Mill

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rleete

Reaction score
Since the miocro mill died, I've been going stir crazy. Well, this morning the check from the sale of my company stock came in, and it's quite a chunk of change. We are now officially completely debt free, and the retirement fund has increased a substantial ammount.

In light of that, the wife agreed to let me make a purchase, and I decided to go for the mini mill. I'm as excited as a kid waiting for Christmas to come.

I'll be able to make scrap faster than ever before! :big:

congrats on the good news and the new mill. Add cnc and you can automate the making of scrap.
Tin

SWEET!!!!!
Congratulations on loosening the purse strings!!!!

Hope the tooling from the micro fits the new one!!!

Andrew

Hey Roger, is it the same one as I have? If so get the inch lead screws from Micro Mark. It's worth it.

shop11.jpg

I think this October it's time for you to make a visit. stickpoke I've changed my model shop around. I think you'll like it.

Bernd

Looks far too neat and clean.
You know, just moving everything to the other side of the basement doesn't count, right?

Yes, same mill. I won't be getting much of anything else until I fix the micro mill and sell that.

UUUhhh! Just for general referance, You might want to move that grinder as far away from your machine tools as possible. The dust really floats around. The oil on machine tools seems to attract it. It makes a great grinding compound but not so good for machine tool life.

Pete

Sorry about that picture Pete. Here's what it looks like about 10 years later. :big:

shop15.jpg

And here is what it's going to look like redone. Not quite at the same angle, but same direction.

shop35.jpg

I've been updating my shop. I've installed better work benches. If your interested how it started, here's a link to that page on my web site.

http://www.kingstonemodeleng.com/MachineShop/shop/shop.htm

Bernd,
Wish I had the room you do. My totall shop is only 10.5'x11.5' It's larger than some peoples but I won't dry grind in it. Hopefuly no one will think I was being paranoid about grinders and machine tools.

Pete

pete said:
Bernd,
Wish I had the room you do. My totall shop is only 10.5'x11.5' It's larger than some peoples but I won't dry grind in it. Hopefuly no one will think I was being paranoid about grinders and machine tools.

Pete

Ok, we're straying of subject here, so I have one comment left here - That room comes with a price tag, it's called taxes.

As long has you can enjoy your hobby in that area that's all that counts. Thm:

Bernd

Mini mill is supposed to be delivered today.

I guess I need to take a day or two off to get the thing down in the shop, secured to the bench, and trammed in.

Bernd, I'll give you a call sometime this week.

Back