New Frisco Standard

Help Support HMEM:

kuhncw

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations, Mike! That is a very nice looking engine.

Regards,

Chuck

LSEW

Reaction score
Mike, very nice work! that is a great looking engine. I really like the sound it makes too. What did you use for the igniter coil?

I have one of those under the bench waiting for my attention, I might have a few questions when I get to it.

maury

cfellows

Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Really nice work. Love the sound.

Chuck

Herbiev

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
A work of art. Thanks for sharing.

Mike N

Reaction score
Mike, very nice work! that is a great looking engine. I really like the sound it makes too. What did you use for the igniter coil?

I have one of those under the bench waiting for my attention, I might have a few questions when I get to it.

maury
It actually has an ignition coil & mini spark plugs. I use a 12 volt relay for the points. Make sure you get the new drawing revisions, I helped to fix a few major bugs for Shelf Pet Models.

Swifty

Reaction score
A beautiful model, and very nice looking wood base as well. Congratulations on a fine job.

Paul.

jwcnc1911

-jwcnc191
Reaction score
Man that is nice! Sounds like a huge boat idling... you nailed that one!

idahoan

Reaction score
Wow! Beautiful job on the Frisco; the wood and paint work are really nice and also your attention to detail.

Did you make the name plates? I also have a set of these castings aging on the shelf waiting for me.

Do you plan to add the ignitors down the road or just stick with the spark plugs?

Thanks for posting,
Dave

Mike N

Reaction score
Wow! Beautiful job on the Frisco; the wood and paint work are really nice and also your attention to detail.

Did you make the name plates? I also have a set of these castings aging on the shelf waiting for me.

Do you plan to add the ignitors down the road or just stick with the spark plugs?

Thanks for posting,
Dave
I think I will stick to the spark plugs, I run my engines for about 6-8hrs for 3 days every year at a tractor club show in August. I try to keep all of my engines running & I don't have enough time to fiddle with ignitors. The name plates came with the casting kit. Make sure you get the updated drawings before you start, I helped to fix the bugs for Shelf Pet Models.

Thanks

ShedBoy

Reaction score
Sounds like a proper boat engine and runs nice and steady. Beautiful work.

Brock

Brian Rupnow

Design Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Mike---Every time I think that I am starting to get good at model engine building, I see a post like yours. Then I know what real craftsmanship looks like. Beautiful engine.---Brian

mnay

Reaction score
Beautiful work, love the sound
the other
Mike N (Mike Nay)

Latest posts