New beam engine plans

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all. I have tried every link to download these plans with no success. Could a kind member please PM me the plans as I just love beam engines and am ready to start another project. Thanks in advance
Herbie

Gents, you can download the plans as follows:

The original one from OldBoatGuy (Gerry) with imperial drawings here

Ken I's metric plans for the engine is here

Regards, Arnold

You will find Gerry Dykstra's original plans as a *.pdf under

Old Boat Guy's Engine - page 13 of the downloads section

Also DOC1955's version Walking Beam Engine on page 14

My metric version as *.dwg & *.dxf Gerry's Beam Engine on page 23

and the same metric as a single sheet *.pdf on page 25

Hope this helps, Arnold's links work of course and I just downladed them to check and it all seems to work.

Regards,
Ken

Hi again,, I have been searching for metric plans for Brian Lucknow's beam engine but having no luck. It seems that those of us 'down under' may not get involved. I though on the off chance you may know?
'tis not easy eh? Any thoughts?
Thanks for your help
Ron

Ron--Unless somebody else has converted my original drawings and saved them somewhere, metric plans for my beam engine don't exist. That beam engine was originally one of Elmer Verbourg's that I blew up 1 1/2 or 2 times and changed the base and a couple of other small things on. Best bet is to use a pocket calculator and just go thru all the dimensions using a 25.4 factor and convert them yourself.--Brian Rupnow

Hallo OLDBOATGUY!
I like to build your Beam Engine, but i cannot find the Sheet Nr.7.All parts are in process!
I am from Germany and need your help to build your wonderfull Engine. Would you please send me the original Sheet #7 or the complete plans in PDF?
Regards Batkiter
mail to: [email protected]

For those of you interested in beam type steam engines, I have posted a set of drawings. Many thanks to rake60 for organizing them onto the download area in the menu for me. If you go to download them please notice that there are two pages. You will probably need them both or the engine will look funny. If you build it, I would like to see pictures.

best wishes,

Oldboatguy

Latest posts

Back