New around here.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm not new being 57 years old, but new to the site.

I've been making engines, and cannon for a while.

Quite few names seem to be familiar to those on the other sites.

Couple come to mind are Powder Keg, and John Stevenson, both very talented fellows.

Just wanted to check in and say hello.

I've got a couple machines including a Fadal TRM, Bridgeport,

couple lathes and whatever a hobbiest/hone machinist keeps around.

Just bought a Prototrak cnc lathe but have to keep it busy to pay it's self off.

That's a bit of a problem (getting paying work, as well as fun work done).

All for now, we're In San Diego on Vacation for a week.

Kap Pullen

Welcome Kap 8) .............. good to have you aboard.

CC

Kap, we are glad to have you among us!! Welcome to HMEM!!!!
icon_welcome.gif
Make yourself at home and feel free to contribute at any time.

smiley9-1.gif
Oh, stop it Kap
smiley9-1.gif
Your embarrassing me. Glad to see you found us. Make sure you post some of your toys
foxes_17.gif

Later, Wes

Welcome welcome and welcome. They are a great bunch here and I look forward to seeing some of your work. Mike

Hi Kap,

Welcome to our site.
xyzwave.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome Kap

Glad that you joined up. Looking forward to whatever your building when you get the time to post it. Remember 1 picture is worth 1000 words.

All the best on your vacation. :bow:

cheers

Don

G'day Kap

Welcome!

enjoy your holiday, get home, make some $ and send us some pics of your modelling

cheers

jack

Welcome, Kap, though I question your wisdom in admitting to knowing any of these miscreants and ne'er do wells. This is a horribly evil bunch you've fallen in with and the worst of all is that escapee from the Home for the Terminally Weird over there in Hawaii. Even worse, he makes the big boys on the corner look positively angelic. :eek:

Seriously ... kind of ... the folks here are pretty cool and knowledgable about a wide range of things including, if I remember right, the fine art of home made whiskey.

BEst regards,

Kludge

Just back last night.

Get off the soap box (nail keg) Kludge! ;D

This is my kind of people.

These dirty fingernail people make the world go around.

People just wern't made to work on their butts!

Work calls, ugg.

Some time...

Kap

Welcome Kap !! Sit down, pull up a cuppa whatever your favorite oil is an join in :)

Mike

metal mite said:
Get off the soap box (nail keg) Kludge! ;D

Okay, who told the newbie about me? Come on! 'Fess up!

This is my kind of people. These dirty fingernail people make the world go around. People just wern't made to work on their butts!

I solved the dirt under the fingernails problem. Clip them so close it can't collect. Or, if one's masochistic, extract them completely.

Anyway, I don't mind sitting on my butt working in some cases - like sketching my various ideas out on the beach ... although sometimes that's in a more prone position. :D

Work calls, ugg.

Ummm ... what's the "work" thing?

BEst regards,

Kludge

Latest posts

Back