• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

need to lighten the load, begineers kit for sale.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcgyver

Reaction score

I've been acquiring stuff for years and have ended up with a lot of duplicates. I went through the other day and identified a bunch of stuff that I just don't need that might benefit someone else.

With the odd exception, all of my stuff is quality brands. Whether its inferior performance or just not as nice to handle, this is a hobby for me and the cheap stuff never brought the same enjoyment so i didn't seek it out. So here's a chance to purchase a quality kit at cheapo stuff prices

Here's what I've got for sale

Moore & Wright 6" Divider
Mitutoyo Quickset Indicator .03" range, .0005 div
Moore & Wright 0-1" mic
Moore & Wright 1-2" mic
General Protractor
Mitutoyo 6" vernier
Peacock (Japan) .001 indicator, 2" dial, 1" movement (I'll through in a mag base)
Moore & Wright 6" #400 precision square
RTC (Japan) telescoping gages,0-6"
1 M&W, 1 Gray thickness gauge
Heinman transfer screws, 1/2 13, 5/8 11, 3/8 , 5/16 18
Digital height gauge (dial not electronic)
Pedo (germany) tap handle
1/2 dozen reamers
1/2 taps

Some of the items are Peakcock, RTC . These are lesser known brands but of good quality, made in Japan. Peacock are still made and seem to be priced up with Mit & Starrett. I don't know much about RTC, but its made in Japan and seems like a quality tool.

The height gauge is the only non brand item. Its the green dial one KBC and others sell, for around 170. imo its very good quality - if all offshore stuff was this good i wouldn't be whining about it. It now duplicates the Fowler I picked up. In fact, I'll back that quality statement up - if you want the Fowler you take it and I'll keep using the KBC. Price would go up (the Fowler's expensive) but the KBC one is of sufficient quality that I’d be just as happy to keep using it and sell the other

I'd like $400 for the lot. I figure this around 25-30% of what it would be new not including reamers and taps - they're a sweetener :). Preference, strong preference, would be as a lot to someone local to the Toronto area so I don't have to ship. I suppose i would ship, but it adds cost and hassle so hopefully there's a local buyer

thanks for tuning in :D

I might be interested if you don't find anyone locally. I'm starting my classes on Thurasay and will likely have a decent idea of what I'll need to get the shop equipment started after a few weeks of lessons/hands-on.

sounds good.only if I had machinery.
:'(

gl on sale ;D

ah Speedy, don't engage in chicken and egg, take action man! ;D ;D

kvom, if you or someone wanted it and were willing to commit i supposes it is not fair to keep you hanging while i hope for local interest so I would say SOLD to a commitment....BUT.... I think its far more important that you know what you want so don't rush into it before know. I guess I don't want to go kijiji or craig with a parade of emails and strangers coming to the house (the crowd here is of course welcome) so I'll be more flexible on my attitude toward shipping. I'll take some pics if anyones interested

thanks for the interest

I have my first machining class tomorrow night. I'll ask the instructor his opinion on the lot. If you can find out the weight & shipping I'll make a decision.

I'd be interested in the Mitutoyo DTI, the precision square, and possibly the height guage if you decide you'd split up the lot.

I'm about 2 hours NW of T.O., and would be willing to go for a Sunday drive for the right tools/price. I think many people are feeling a cash crunch right now, and I'm not exempt from that. :)

-Brian

Back