need suggestion on a build

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j king

Reaction score
Hi all. a friend called me and asked for help.His dad (82) bought a atlas lathe.It was his brothers. He asked me if I could gine him a simple engine plan to build. Simple as in machining..

I have known his dad since I was a kid. H e is a tinkerer so I know he can figure things out.

Can I get a couple suggestions on a easy first engine to build.I have been machining for a living 25 years but I really dont know what a newbee would like and be happy with. A link to a drawing would be a plus! Thanks Jim

Ps... his son I believe asked about a kit to buy hi, for Christmas so that would be ok also.

As far as plans and drawings, www.john-tom.com has lots of them free. Engine kits are available through lots of companies. I just ordered a kit from Blue Ridge Machinery. I am sure he will have a great time in this hobby.
Ironman

Thanks for ideas guys.

He wont be able to travel.His wife has alzheimers and he cant leave her.

Jim:
Sorry about your friends wife. You are welcome to come lots of inspiration for the model engineer /machinist.
Tin

Latest posts

Back