need info for old piece of starret micrometer

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anko

Entusiasta
Reaction score
hi to all

I just acquired a old piece of starrett micrometer without the frame, or that i believe

p1040146w.jpg

p1040147f.jpg

the thing read 0-50 mm and the labels says:

The LS. Starrett Co.Ltd
Great Britain
No. 63M

i was sure that starret was made in USA ??? ??? ???

the shank for the frame are 1/2"

i buy for a cheap price, and incredible cheap if we are talking of starrett

i still thinking what use i can give to him, is in good working condition!

what do you think???

Saludos

According to the Starrett catalogue this is still a current product described as a Long Range Micrometer Head. Typically without the frame it would be used as a precision adjustable stop possibly in some type of fixturing.

For more info on Starrett's worlwide mfg. locations or their online catalogue you can go to www.starrett.com

Bill

you could make up a mounting block for it and use it as a stop for your lathe carrage or a quill stop on a mill. jonesie

Yep, a very handy item to have - it could be used in all sorts of situations.

The few Starrett tools I have (not many) are all marked 'Great Britain'.

Starrett rule.jpg

wow thanks for the info!!

seems like i made a very good buy!

searching in the site of starrett i found d that they have a facility in Scotland, maybe mine it was produce here ???

i have play all day long with my new mic head, but still cant decide what use i will give to him, a carriage stop is a good idea, but i feel that with the repetitives punches of the carriage (for stop) it will ruin the micrometer, or lose acuracy over the use

need some advise.. because my lathe is not a benchtop machine, i feel that the inertia of the carriage will ruin the micrometer

Saludos!

Latest posts

Back