Need help with this drawing

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woffler

Reaction score
I am trying to determine the width of the part in the center ,there is no dimension given and i am sure there is away to determine this but i do not know it .
There is also no radius given for the corners of it .

Attachments

• Hoglet.pdf
    160.5 KB · Views: 332
I agree with Charles, you aren't given that information on the drawing.

Maybe the width and the radii aren't critical? Should tell you that somewhere though if that's the case.

Is there anything on the rest of the drawings that would suggest that this dimension is critical?

My 2 cents is it is a non critical dimension. If you compare it to the 2" dimension on the left side it is a little less - about 1 7/8" and the radii are whatever you feel like making them.

I believe all of you are correct it seems to be a non critical dimension ,i can not see anything in the supplied plans or writings to account for it .
I wound up setting the sides in .625 and used a .25 radius in the corners ,i just went for what looks symmetrical.

I would like to thank everyone for there responses ,i was beginning to think i was having a senior moment there for a while !

I am trying to determine the width of the part in the center ,there is no dimension given and i am sure there is away to determine this but i do not know it .
There is also no radius given for the corners of it .
It looks like .25 (CrankcaseRear).
It is not best drawing but CAD drawings some forget to make clear.

You print drawing and use scale. I had do on some drawings in past.

Dave

Looks like I went with 0.938" out from Ctr with a 3/16" internal radius

Attachments

• hog waist.JPG
    hog waist.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 109
Do the dimensions of the adjacent component(s) give any clues? I was always taught never to lift dimensions from printed drawings.

Graham

Just an idea, try enlarging the drawing on your screen, check the other measurement are right then you'll get the size you want, enlarged by 203% gives 1.875

Thanks all, I figured someone had built this Hoglet engine on here before ,this is my first foray into internal combustion engine built a few steam engines and air plane stuff.
I saw this on you tube and it looked like a lot of fun to build this summer, I have the cranks done and am just starting the crankcase .

I am going to change the cad model i drew to reflect the change to the offsets thanks all.

Back