Need an appointments reminder

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As I am basically on my own now, I have already missed two medical appointments because my better half was my calendar, and now I have no one to remind me.

I use Windows 7.

I DO NOT want to use things that begin with 'LIVE', so that rules out all the internet based calendars.

Is there a small free program that will pop up on screen, and remain there, to remind me what I have to do today?

Can anyone help without going into computerish jargon?

Thanks

John

There's a selection of free ones here

Hi John

How do you feel about carrying a mobile phone around?

Most of them have a calendar on them that makes the alarm go off 1 hour or 2 hours or a few days before your appointment whatever you set the alert to do.

kind of like an electronic alarm pocket watch

Just be careful about where you drill the hole for the fob chain :big:

Bez

Hey John

What are you using for your email ? Is it Window's Outlook?

There's a tab on the left side called "Calander", and you can set up appointments with reminders that will pop up on your screen as far in advance as you tell it to.

Dave

Tel,

Many thanks, I am just wading through them.

Bez,

I don't believe in mobile phones, so don't own one.

Dave,

I use Mozilla Thunderbird, and I don't think it has a calendar function.

Many thanks gents

John

I hear you John ;)

I wish I could convert mine into a pocket watch and through away the Sim card

What a piecefull world I could live in - if only :big:

Bez

HI John

Thunderbird has an add-on called LIGHTING and its a calendar program for Thunderbird. I haven't used it in years so I can't remember to much about it.

John.

HI this may be Wat you is looking for post a not its free and i got it from computeractive have a look in their john

HI right its in their office secshon on their dawn load page its free this is a bit of Wat it says bawt it
Keep sticky notes on your Windows Desktop with P Notes Portable

Read more: http://www.computeractive.co.uk/ca/...-windows-desktop-notes-portable#ixzz1ns8Bsr3J
Software, gadgets, magazines and more in our webstore. Click here to see our latest offers. this is a good place to look for free soft wher for your pc

Hi John

Windows 7 has a calendar program built in called Windows Calendar. Don't have to share it, so don't let that part scare you.

John

John,
Again I am sorry about your loss. It must be very difficult for you, but, as you know, you must get a handle on all that important health stuff with all the help you can get. Often your medical provider can / will also help you remember if you ask them to give you a call a day, an hour or two, or so to alert you of your appointment. Don't be afraid to ask them; they are in the help business and they care. You will have to concentrate more seriously on your medication schedule. Ask your providers also for help arranging your medicine in calendared and / or metered dispensers ( little daily cubicle boxes like we use for small nuts & bolts assortments ) so you can more easily tell what pills you can, did or should take when. That way you won't forget nor become confused about your medication schedule. Also you must become more diligent about your meals and rest schedule. You may find services that provide and regularly deliver prepared meals. And be careful not to over work now that you are alone. Rest often and well, and try to stay alert to things around you that she used to monitor. Please make staying healthy a high priority and do it each day - every day. I couldn't advise you on your engineering and machining procedures, but know that we care about you and wish you well. Ralph

Gents,

Many thanks for your overwhelming help.

I seem to have found the perfect one for me, it is called VueMinder lite, and it does everything I need, plus it is so simple, even I can use it.

Ralph,

Don't worry, I started this week using what is called Nomad, where they put all my tablets into weekly pop out containers, sorted in their correct timetable for each day, this is done for me at my local pharmacy, and they deliver them as well, once every four weeks.
Unfortunately, they can't put doses of my injections in there, they are done twice a day, and I have to remember to do those myself, but because I have to take blood readings twice a day, I just do them at the same time (if I remember to do the blood tests).

I will get it all sorted, eventually.

Many thanks again everyone

John

I used a tool called 'ReminderFox' for Firefox and Thunderbird, but haven't used it lately, so don't know if they've kept up with it..

Latest posts

Back