Myford oiler - advice needed

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

Mike Ginn

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am now on my 3rd Myford having started with a ML7 then 2 x Super 7Bs. Great machines but all with the same problem:- the oiler. OK its not really a lathe problem, more an accessory problem. I have tried various oilers and they all leak. My current nipple oiler is a Wanner from Switzerland which I had hoped would not leak but it is so bad that I keep it in a plastic box. I originally tried the Myford supplied oiler then some others (can't remember the makes but they all leaked)

So my question is - what do you guys recommend and is available in the UK and doesn't leak?

Thanks

Mike

Reaction score
I have not come across anything remotely adequate. It is one of the rare cases where I find brute force and ignorance works well. To fill these pathetic contraptions I grip the body in the vice (cap up), pull the spout down, take the cap off, fill, and tighten the cap with a pipe wrench. That way I find they leak less. These are Tecalemit jobs with diecast caps. I have a later one with a plastic cap, and I more careful with that one.

Last edited: