My Week this Week, My workshop videos

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fordson Major rebuild, finishing off the steering swivels/king pins, and the track rod and drag link, and Richard turns up with my kitchen unit so I spend a couple of days fitting kitchens and plumbing! YUK. but I plough on and get it more or less finished. It will really make a difference to be able to wash the cups and fill the kettle in the same room where I make tea!
It's still warm and sunny in East Yorkshire!
Phil

Fordson E1A major, rebuilding the drag link, refitting the wheel;s, rebuilding the horn, and paint on Friday so it has the weekend fror drying. I also get the tea room sink plumbed in, and the worktop fixed down!
Phil, in wet and windy East Yorkshire.

Fordson E1A major, rebuilding the drag link, refitting the wheel;s, rebuilding the horn, and paint on Friday so it has the weekend fror drying. I also get the tea room sink plumbed in, and the worktop fixed down!
Phil, in wet and windy East Yorkshire.

Do you do all your spray painting in your shop and if you do, how do you manage to keep the over spray off everything ?

Do you do all your spray painting in your shop and if you do, how do you manage to keep the over spray off everything ?
I am using an oil based paint, which is heavy and falls straight to the floor, and a HVLP (high volume low pressure) gun, the paint does settle, but as dust as opposed to cellulose, which is a much lighter paint, which gets everywhere. I also open the large roller shutter door and the windows at the other end of the building, which open into a narrow street which gives me an airflow which carries the paint dust (what bit there is) out of the door , afterwards I sweep up and blow the shelves down and it is all gone! It doesnt stick like cellulose does. When I used to spray a lot of cellulose I had a big extractor and air inlet filters.
Phil

Fordson E1A major Rebuild. So we get more paint on, in order to fit the seat, and the radiator, and then find that despite all my efforts, new Dynamo refuses to output a single volt, even though I have polarised it and it is brand new!, then I go to change the fuel filter, and find that there isnt an element in it! Things can only get better....I hope. Still it did start and run perfectly, so cleaning the bowl out and putting a filter in it can only make it better!
Phil, in a Glorious Indian Summer in East Yorkshire

Fordson E1A major, Rebuild, I get the tractor running and wash it down outside, then back in the workshop, back wheels and mudguards off, and start on the final frontier, the respray!
Phil, In warm and Atumnal East Yorkshire

Fordson E1A major, RebuildI A short week (and a late upload due to impromptu family get together) but much gets done, I get the final rusty tinwork off, and off to the sanblasters along with the back wheels, and get the body of the tractor into Empire blue, next week, welding the tinwork!
Phil, Workshop heatin on in East Yorkshire!

Fordson E1A major, RebuildI The last batch of sandblasting comes back and gets painted, I nearly start the welding repairs, and make up some speaker brackets. Next week, welding rust to holes!
Phil, in warmly pleasant East Yorkshire

Fordson E1A major, RebuildI The front cowl A challenge of complex curves and missing metal! I go through the process of replacing the missing metal, and slowly but surely, what was a piece of rusty metal which in a good light (but the less light the better really) aproximates what Ford put there in 1955!
Phil, late Autumn and a little chilly in East Yorkshire

Fordson E1A major, Rebuild. I repair and reassemble the bonnet, and get the first mudguard repaired, thanks to a lot of Cardboard aided design. It is begining to look like a tractor again.
Phil, in wet and windy, but not cold East Yorkshire

Fordson E1A major, Rebuild. We complete one mudguard, and get a lot done to the other, amazing how much stronger they are when you put the structure back to what Henry intended! Don't forget to like and subscribe! and thanks for watching!
Phil, in bright and sunny East Yorkshire

Fordson E1A major, Rebuild. we repair the box sections and patch the holes on the last mudguard, the end is in sight...just!! Another short week and another late posting because my computer went into rebellious mode at 3-30 and it took 2 hours to sort it out and get the video edited!
Phil Storm Arwen is blasting East Yorkshire!

Sorry Guys, no vid this week, I have had the twin after effects of the Covid booster, plus conjunctivitis, plus sinusitis all in one, loads of fun I can tell you, back next week with a fair wind and a bit of luck!!
Phil in freezing cold East Yorkshire!

Fordson E1A major, Rebuild. mudguards sealed and painted, bonnet fit vastly improved, bonnet brackets made, and final welding on the front cowl. I discover that the bonnet catches have been mixed up, and get ready to rebuild all the riveted parts back onto the bonnet, and all in three days!
Phil, on cold and frosty mornings in East Yorkshire

Fordson E1A major, Rebuild. Part 31, in which I finalise the bonnet fitting, fit all the bonnet hardware and catches, and make the bonnet stays, and discover that my tractor has three rear bonnet catch brackets, and only one front one! These little challenges are what life is all about!
Phil, frost has turned to mist in East Yorkshire
Have a good Christmas!!

I hope your well Phil
Been following for some time
Steve
Yes. I am fine, but winter is my least favourite time of year! It would be different if my shop was behind the house, but unfortunately it is six miles away, and it is so warm here!!
Phil

Fordson E1A major, Rebuild PART 32 a NEW YEAR DAWNS AND i AM still ON THE TRACTOR! This week I am on with pedals, brake and clutch, and filler, filler and more filler Things go wrong, I make some saves, and the gopro fails to invert the image when some idiot holds the camera upside down. All probably because I hate winter
Phil, in Wintry cold but clear East Yorkshire.

Thanks Jump4, I have tested pos for the plague early last year, but was not ill, but the jabs put me in bed for a couple of days each and the booster put me down for a week!!!

Latest posts

Back