My very first Webster Petrol IC Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there Gus, I can see that I have to get A into G and build myself one of those (Grrrrr, so many other things to do :rant:) thanx Gus.
Cheers
Graham :D

Hi Gus

Great build, very interesting, i may have to try this one myself. I just bought my sherline from SG tools in Singapore, I am often in Singapore, have you good suppliers for tooling and metal stock?

Regards

Dave

Looking good Gus, good luck with the start up.

I've been following from the get go but just seem to have the summertime lazies and can't muster up ambition to do much, if any, posting.:(

Other GUS

Gus--I generally use Coleman fuel (Also known as white gas and Naptha gas) with just a bit of 2 cycle oil mixed in it to keep the piston lubricated. I don't think it performs any better than ordinary petrol, but it doesn't stink your shop up nearly as bad. AND--Keep a fire extinguisher handy. I have had one fire while trying to start a new engine, and if I hadn't had an extinguisher close at hand, things would have got very scary very fast.----Brian

Hi Gus

Great build, very interesting, i may have to try this one myself. I just bought my sherline from SG tools in Singapore, I am often in Singapore, have you good suppliers for tooling and metal stock?

Regards

Dave

Hi Dave,
will get back to you. There are quite a few metal bar suppliers.I am kind of lazy,used my previous star company supplier.

Good luck Gus - I hope it starts up nice and easy for you.

Hi Cogsy,

I cannot resist not building your Stirling Engine. Please advise plan source.

Dry spell still on and tides looks good.Perhaps Saturday and Sunday will be good fishing.When water is pristine and tides good,they bite like crazy.

You are very talented.

manop Thailand. :eek:

Hi Manop,

Sawadee Kab.

Where about you live? I frequent Hatyai,Phuket,Bangna and Ranong. My sister lives in Sukhamvit Road.Cannot resist Songtum and Tongyum.Braised pork leg rice and KaoPad.

Gus did Trade School 52 years ago. Ended up as a Production Engineer and too lazy to take my B.E. Never done any real machining till 2004. Cannot drill spot on,cannot hacksaw straight on the line and forever cannot get diameter to 0.000" and my silver brazing like chicken dung and parts brazed fall apart.Since joining HMEM in 2010,my skills vastly improved.The HMEM Gurus are very friendly,helpful and supportive.

Will go Koh Samui via Hatyai 3 August.
Is Manop building Model Engines too?

Ask let successfully.

040220132130_zps7e3e2b6a.jpg

1368597527364.jpg

Gus--I generally use Coleman fuel (Also known as white gas and Naptha gas) with just a bit of 2 cycle oil mixed in it to keep the piston lubricated. I don't think it performs any better than ordinary petrol, but it doesn't stink your shop up nearly as bad. AND--Keep a fire extinguisher handy. I have had one fire while trying to start a new engine, and if I hadn't had an extinguisher close at hand, things would have got very scary very fast.----Brian

Hi Brian,

Coleman Fuel will be a problem buying here. Will try local ABC USA Stores.

How about aeromodel shops for spark plug engines.

Thanks for the advance notice.

Its fishing this weekend and the weather and tide looks good.

There is no fish in the fridge and the darling boss is not happy. And she just won't buy fish from local markets.

I cannot resist not building your Stirling Engine. Please advise plan source.

I havn't built a Stirling yet Gus, although I plan to some day. If you're talking about my avatar picture, it's my version of Jan Ridders flame licker with internal valve. Lots of great plans on his website, and a nice easy button to convert the site to english. Here's the link.

Good luck fishing, I can't even manage to catch herring here in Perth anymore...

Model aeroplane fuel generally has a high percentage of nitro in it to squeeze maximum power out of small 2 stroke engines. I don't think I would recommend using it in these 4 cycle or hit and miss engines.---Brian

Hi Gurus,

Good news.
1. Great fishing day. Gus landed all three 1-----2 kg Snappers today.
2. Bad news.
Webbie did make a false start but my battery ran flat and electric starter stalled and fuel tank ran dry because fuel jet needle valve too wide open.Running with Mobil 95 Petrol.May have to rework with new needle.

Will try again when battery is fully charged tomorrow.

Gus--Manop has been permanently banned from this forum, according to the administration.---see post "Perpetual Pest". Whats happening with Webbie?---Brian
http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/f16/perpetual-pest-21403/

Hi Brian.

I got Webbie started and running 20 minutes ago. The DIY carb need rework.The needle was badly done and carb not very responsive. May buy a "OS" RC carb if rework DIY carb not performing to expectation.
Was the sweetest music ever heard after 3 months of hard work. You are right . Petrol exhaust smells bad.
Darling boss complaining on the noise and exhaust smell.

See still fotos. Will try posting video thru YouTube. Will be another task n skill to pickup.
Looks like Gus had a pre-Webbie success celebration last nite at the Marina.
We hooked up a 4 pounder Grouper for HongKong Steam Fish dinner.Was nearly a very bad day till we hit the last spot before calling a bad day.Hooked up 5 good fish .Mate borrowed fish for foto to show his wife.

Thanks for the support and encouragement to get Webbie done and running.
It's true, as you advised,I dry run in Webbie to run in the valves.
Having a battery starter was handy .

Webbie has a bit more work to finish up to look good and run good.

IMG_2136.jpg

IMG_2135.jpg

IMG_2133.jpg

Latest posts

Back