My shop

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim,
That looks like a very nice place to work, well lighted and laid out.

I have those same two machines as well. Many people consider these machines to be kits that need to be finished by the owner. I have to concur with that opinion. They are a good starting point, but need some tuning up to reach their full potential. They really are pretty good machines, they just need some help realizing it.

Congratulations on finally getting a place to work.

spuddevans said:
harder by import taxes.

Can I ask if you use both speeds on your belt-drive-converted-mill? Do you feel that it's essential to have the 2 speeds available?

Just wondering if a single speed belt drive mod be easier for a newbee like me to manufacture?

Again, a big thanks for your belt drive mod plans, very much appreciated.

Tim
i dunno im still getting mine ready been in a box for a month now i just need to cut the grove on big pulley. i was only making mine a single speed. im kinda new too.
your welcome & welcome

As far as the two speed vs single speed range pulley mod I have one of the Stirling Steele mods his recombination is Use the high speed rand for engraving and really tiny holes. So unless you need to do realy tiny holes or you plan to CNC the mill in the near future the low range should meet most of ones needs most of the time.
Tin

Nice shop Tim. I'm with Tin Falcon...if you're not drilling small holes, the high speed range on the mill is seldom needed. I've owned my X2 for 3 years and probably have used the high speed range only a handful of times. I seldom drill holes smaller that 1/8", and rarely use end mills smaller than 1/4", though.

Cheers,
Phil

Latest posts

Back