My Sherline Conversion videos

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting those videos. I'll be interested to watch your continued progress. I dont know much about Sherlines or cnc, but its very educational.

I was wondering if there are gib strips on any of the x,y,z axis? In one segment it almost looks like the end of one is sticking out, but I didnt see where you have removed it before the table slides off the dovetail. Maybe I missed that part?

Also, for x & y, is it aluminum table running in aluminum dovetail base?. They both look black annodized & you indicated tapping with aluminum fluid. Is the z-axis steel?

Yup, the tables are aluminum and the gib strips are there and made of some type of hard plastic.
For their small footprint sherline makes a great lathe and mill. I'm just a beginner though.
The z-axis is steel. Of course, the sherline isn't as rigid as many larger machines.

Panofish,

Thanks for your videos and your web site. I have learned a lot from it. Is there a Sherline conversion #3 coming?

Thayer

Thanks for sharing the videos, i hope to see that cnc in acction soon :)

Mawito

Just updated the video to 720p on youtube for both videos. :)

Back