My Second Rotary Table,80 mm table.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice. I like that also, but will not steel it because I'm pretty sure I could not make it.

Sent from my iPad using Model Engines

Great job Gus, well done.

Paul.

Hi Maestro Paul,
I admire Tool & Die Makers for their dedication and skill.th_wav
Gus is no tool maker.:hDe:
Thanks for the appreciation.:)
Was not planning to build RT at all. Was not happy with existing RT which chatters when milling cuts gets a wee bit heavier.
While surfing,came across Dean's many finished accessories done on his Sherline lathe and mills. Was impressed with his 4'' RT. Happened to visit my ex-supplier/good friend. Made a request
for some 4 x 4 hollow section and a 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 MS plate. No hollow section on hand and his man fabricated equv. Cart two sets on board and flew home.
Machining part was OK but the finishing part to get RT to shine and look good was tough. Discovered prior provision must be made for machining and sanding/polishing.

As I have one more set of material,plan to build a vertical RT c/w indexing plate sometime later.
Come early March will finish up the H&M engine for presentation.Will be hard to come up to your level.

Last edited:
Hi Gus, don't underestimate your capability, you do great work with the equipment that you have. I'm keen to get back on to my projects, just been very busy lately with other commitments. When is your next trip to see your daughter in Melbourne? We could spend a day doing men's things while the girls go shopping.:eek:

Paul.

Reactions: gus
Very nice. I like that also, but will not steel it because I'm pretty sure I could not make it.

Sent from my iPad using Model Engines

Hi Rick,
I'm pretty sure you could if you wanted to ! Its all lathe work apart from drilling three holes and only one of those is threaded.

Last edited:
Hi Gus, don't underestimate your capability, you do great work with the equipment that you have. I'm keen to get back on to my projects, just been very busy lately with other commitments. When is your next trip to see your daughter in Melbourne? We could spend a day doing men's things while the girls go shopping.:eek:

Paul.

Hi Paul,

My son is planning a trip in March/April but I have a sister staying with me having some heart problem, will have to work around it. Means someone has to stay at home to look after her.

After the Feb 22---March 3 Burma Fishing Trip,will finish up the H&M Engine.
Building a good looking box base to mount engine and store the Electronic Ignition. Plan to get the ''hitting and missing'' .Now retrofitting a deep sea rod holder to haul up 40---60kg Tuna.

See you.

Hi Gus,
Yes that looks the business.
Don't catch too many sharks. :):):)

Will try not to but there so many big sharks in mid water. Its all ''catch and release'' with a Burmese Fishery Warden watching us.
Will post Gus and biggest fish on the Avatar.

Now retrofitting the Deep Sea Rod Holder with quick release catch. Safety
Cord is a must to prevent my S$3000 Shimano Rod and Electric reel flying into the sea.
Did happen to a rich young man whom we gave prior caution/warning.

Will try not to but there so many big sharks in mid water. Its all ''catch and release'' with a Burmese Fishery Warden watching us.
Will post Gus and biggest fish on the Avatar.

Now retrofitting the Deep Sea Rod Holder with quick release catch. Safety
Cord is a must to prevent my S$3000 Shimano Rod and Electric reel flying into the sea.
Did happen to a rich young man whom we gave prior caution/warning.

Ah, they don't want you nipping round to Japan and making a fortune selling tuna !:hDe:

Great job on that Gus! How is the action with the taper bearings? Does she move like butter?

Great job on that Gus! How is the action with the taper bearings? Does she move like butter?

Hi Etard,
The table moves like butter. Also put in thrust bearings into the cranking dial axle which made cranking so smooth. Same bearings cost me US$2 per piece but they are NTN MIJ not MIC. Surpriisingly,I also bought bearings from TokyuHands made in Singapore by NMB aka Nippon Miniature Bearing.

I have a job queing up for this newly minted RT. The retrofited Deep Sea Rod holder swivel base will have the corners radius off. Will post foto.

Last edited:
Encountered bad chattering when taking heavy milling cuts while profiling the big/small ends of Con-Rod for Nemett-Lynx Engine. Rework on RT is mandatory.
Replace the DIY worm and wheel. Relapped rotary disc to seat 100% on gear box top.
Rotary Disc and Dial graduated. Number stamps done using jig. Numbers turned out well w/o dancing/rocking n roll. Indian Three Jaw Chuck mounted on RT. RT looks messy but usable.

IMG_1183.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice Gus, if you need it, you can make it. It's a good size table for your mill.

On another subject, there has been a big report that the state fisheries people here have not managed the trout population in our rivers very well, this may account for the very low number of trout caught. Removal of habitat was extreme and they only realised now that it was not a good idea. Rivers are currently closed for spawning season, but will try some lakes about 2 1/2 hours drive away soon.

Paul.

Very nice Gus, if you need it, you can make it. It's a good size table for your mill.

On another subject, there has been a big report that the state fisheries people here have not managed the trout population in our rivers very well, this may account for the very low number of trout caught. Removal of habitat was extreme and they only realised now that it was not a good idea. Rivers are currently closed for spawning season, but will try some lakes about 2 1/2 hours drive away soon.

Paul.

Hi Paul,
The Straits of Singapore was about done and overfished. We have no game department to look after the wild fish population.
Thanks to the good guys and bad guys who want to score merit points,they release Snappers,Sea Bass etc every now and then. Plus the damaged farm nets,we have enough fish for us fishos. Recently I found and confirmed Red Snapper hi-ways. Every weekend if the water is not to bad, we come back with good size Red Snappers. The other fishes are seasonal migrants.Took this 2 kg Red Snapper on 10 lb handline and Daiwa 5# hooks. Took 15 mins to see-saw this fish to surface. This week end looks good.

IMG_1204.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Paul,
The Straits of Singapore was about done and overfished. We have no game department to look after the wild fish population.
Thanks to the good guys and bad guys who want to score merit points,they release Snappers,Sea Bass etc every now and then. Plus the damaged farm nets,we have enough fish for us fishos. Recently I found and confirmed Red Snapper hi-ways. Every weekend if the water is not to bad, we come back with good size Red Snappers. The other fishes are seasonal migrants.Took this 2 kg Red Snapper on 10 lb handline and Daiwa 5# hooks. Took 15 mins to see-saw this fish to surface. This week end looks good.

Hi Gus,
Nice fish ! I bet that tasted good.
I'm going to have to have a go at sea fishing...
Your having far too much fun :hDe::hDe::hDe:

Latest posts

Back