My own Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Ariz and bearcar1..Thanks for supporting me...yes it seams to be much better this time...! Tomorrow I'll check again..I'll let you know...
Cheers
Paolo

Thanks Dave...I hope...Tomorrow I'll check..
Thanks for supporting me..
Cheers Paolo

Nice Solder Paolo, :bow: :bow:

Isn't it wonderful what the correct tool will help you achieve. :D

Best Regards
Bob

Ohhhhhhhhh Yes Bob it is....Thanks for supporting me...
Cheers
Paolo

Yesterday I tested the funnel using that arrangement...found one lite lick..re soldered and checked again!!!
DSC02019.jpg

Quite impossible to go around the funnel without temptation...The devil was a winner!! I used those torch combined...the bigger for color the powerfull for distributing the silver...
DSC02018.jpg

that was the result on the top...
DSC02020.jpg

and reverse side
DSC02021.jpg

Now I have to wait for the 25 mm new torch... :-\ :-\ :-\

OK! now we're getting somewhere! Nice silver job!

Feels good don't it? ;D

Still trying to find a local supply of citric acid....like in under 5lbs....

Dave

Hi Dave
Yes.It seams to go in the right way...It's stranger for me hearing that!!! I found the citric acid, common one and not for the chemical use, asking to my pharmacist at few Euros per 1/2 lbs (250 grs)...!!! ??? ??? ???
Cheers
Paolo

"I got it" Finally the right torch is on my end. :big:Owewar..I bought two torces..one 25mm and another 18 mm usable with the same handle ...The copper parts are deep into citric acid so tomorrow will be the "trough moment"...!! :big: :big: :big:
Cheers Paolo
DSC02026.jpg

Torch and me are ready:
DSC02042.jpg

The scenario
DSC02040.jpg

boiler well prepared
DSC02041.jpg

steel Hot
DSC02037.jpg

DSC02038.jpg

After a little cleaning
DSC02036.jpg

lover sideafter cleaning
DSC02039.jpg

It seams to be done don't you? Now it is deep into citric acid waiting for the pressure test

Yeah, that is looking good Paolo, Good luck with your pressure test, it appears though tht you should be in good shape, the joints look good visually. Amazing isn't it, what higher heat can do. Yeah, you should be making pressure before you know it. ;D ;D

BC1
Jim

Thanks Jim I believe it's OK now...It seams I have learned how do silver soldering on large surface..Thanks to ALL...!
Cheers
Paolo

Paolo,

Great work, congratulations on your result and I admire your tenacity. :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Paolo,

Boiler looks great. Thanks for posting this. I'm struggling with the silver solder process and your posts have given me a lot of insight and confidence that I'll eventually get it.

Regards,
Dennis

Paolo,

Looking Gooooooood buddy!
Nice Work! Thats the way!
When is the Hydro test?......is should be uneventful by the looks of it!

Dave

Yesterday I had a stupid social event and I wasn't able to finish my tube bendere!! Today all was done and the copper tube was ready for connecting the pump to the boiler. After few strokes, the boiler was filled before, I reached 10 bars of pressure but the pressure dropped quickly at 8bar and half:
DSC02045.jpg

I noticed a little seep from the pump
DSC02046.jpg

tightened the elbow the pressure was dropping again...after a deep check I discovered two drops of water from here:
DSC02039-1.jpg

and here:
DSC02036-1.jpg

Fortunately the cross tube are externals ..."Coraggio" (Urry Up) I said and I started another silver soldering session :big: :big: :big:. Now the boiler is into citric acid. Tomorrow the sentence!!!

Paolo,

We are all pumping for you -
smiley-signs003.gif
with hydro #2.

Best Regards
Bob

Your 'intestinal fortitude' shall overcome these annoying problems. Man, I have to hand it to you for staying the course. When it is all done, you will have a fine looking boiler. Carry on soldier. ;D

BC1
Jim

Latest posts

Back