My own Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see there are a fair few bits left to go with your engine then Paolo!

I do like the hand wheel design, it's hard to scale... I'm figuring it is quite a small piece?

I look forward to the rest.

Ralph.

Hi Ralph
Yes this is!! Infact is made by a short sections, 5 mm long, of brass tubing 4 mm diameter. It is an Idea by a French guy.It is my first attempt...
Cheers
Paolo

Paolo...
Jeeeze.... and i thought my hand wheel was tiny!!. Excellent work.

Steve

The oiler is done!!!
All parts ready...
DSC01506.jpg

Completed
DSC01504.jpg

Another view
DSC01503.jpg

Now I have to turn my attention to the engine for doing some "touch up"..

That's a nice looking piece Paolo, I really do like that hand wheel ;D

Touch up? Are we going for some 'bling' ?

Ralph.

..I'm preparing a few bells & whistles to put on... :big:

"Show must go on"..... :big:The Engine with bells & whistles but dismantled, is sleeping into a box...under oil protection... :big: :big:
the burner is done...
DSC01529.jpg

Paolo said:
"Show must go on"..... :big:

I like your style Paolo ;D

but I'm a little perturbed about this "hiding in a box" ............ :eek: ::) :eek:

Seriously though Paolo thanks for your write up so far it's been a pleasure to be there with you (almost)
icon_salut.gif
, looking forward to the conclusion.

CC ;)

...and a little Globe Valve...as a my own project..does it is small enough?
DSC01531.jpg

Globe valves are done...! prototype on the left...production on the right...
DSC01534.jpg

Wow, I'm impressed. That's beautiful work.

One gentle hint...when you take photographs of your work, include something by which to establish scale. Although I'm guilty of it, coins are not the best choice since, with our international membership, not everyone is necessarily familiar with the sizes. A machinist's scale is the best choice.

BTW, be forewarned, I fully intend to steal your handle design for my steam roller project.

Paolo sei un grandissimo!!! sono orgoglioso di quanto Tu riesca a portare in alto la bandiera dell'Italia su questo meraviglioso forum! complimenti, sei un artista. :bow: :bow: :bow:

mmmh... ahi ahi ahi, in english now:

Paolo You're great! I'm so proud of how high You can elevate our italian flag on this marvellous forum! my best compliment, You're an artist. :bow: :bow: :bow:

You'll get no argument here - every little piece a work of art in its own right. Beautiful!

Thanks to All....Marv thanks for the suggestion I'll..!!! I have a drawing of that globe valve..I think to post it..maybe it helps much better..
Cheers Paolo

Paolo ............ that globe valve is outstanding :bow:

CC

I would also like to see how that globe valve is made.

Very nice work on the handwheel, and a very clever idea. How did you hold all the bits together to solder it? It seems if you tied a wire around it the wire might pickup solder. I suppose you could drill a hole in a piece of aluminum just the OD of the pieces and stuff them all in that.

Nice work, and great photos. Thanks for sharing.

Very nice work Paolo. Is the displacement lubricator your own design? I like it.

Cheers,
Phil

I'd like a look at the globe valve drawing as well Paolo.

Ron, if I was to make that handwheel, I'd make it up as a 'stick' at least a couple of inches long and slice the wheels off as I needed 'em. Is that how it was done?

Paolo, as usual very nice work. You still get my vote ;)

I am still eagerly awaiting the completion of the project, however long it takes you.

Ralph.

Did anyone else see the drawing for the Globe valve under the burner when it was photographed? It has the sizes on it too!
It may not all be there but it's pretty clear ;D

Tanks to All...but I have to give some answers... I have seen that idea of an hand wheel on a french site!! :bow:
Phil:" Yes this is a personal view of an existing big displacement lubricator "
Tel: "Nice idea you can do that if you needs some hand wheels. I did it using just the tubes 5mm long"
Ralph:" Yes it is but I did some changes on my drawing and I'm still working on it. Soon it will post"..Thanks for your help :bow:
RonGinger: :big: :big: :big:" Bull's eye" I use a little aluminium ring for soldering the small ones. However the cohesion force helps when you braze the biggest. I did it for the Globe valve "free hand" using a small soldering nozzle.
Some pics can helps...the tubes before soldering
DSC01543.jpg

Just brazed
DSC01546.jpg

"The magic ring"
DSC01551.jpg

Latest posts

Back