My own Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Testing the burner...!!! :D
DSC01778.jpg

a little movie

another one

Paolo,

Nice looking burner - very even flame distribution. :bow: :bow:

When you say a short video, you sure do mean short. ;D ::)

Best Regards
Bob

Hi Bob..yes..I mean short... :big:
Another step...water gauge drain cork quite ready...
DSC01785.jpg

complete...
DSC01801.jpg

Paolo,

Looks great!

Did you make a D bit for that tapered plug hole?

Curious....

Dave

Ohhhhhhhhhhh yes Dave I made one with an old dentist instrument... I have seen here some of D bits...It was my first experience with that type of bit...it seams to work well don't you?
Cheers
Paolo

Another ancillary ..the pressure gauge siphon...
DSC01834.jpg

Water pump by firebird idea, with some personal adjustment, is quite done...

DSC01855.jpg

Paolo,

Nice accessories/Ancillaries. :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Thanks Bob supporting me...I'm waiting to see your engine running!!!
Best regards..

Looking Great Paulo!

I think I will have to wip up a set of condensate drains along the lines of that petcock of yours for my launch engine

Nice and compact....

Dave

Thanks Dave...I did mine without a drawing...Do you need more pics of it?
Cheers

I don't think so, I think I can get from that....

Thanks!

Dave :)

Hi Paolo

Glad you like my pump idea. I have tested 2 boilers with mine so far and no problems.

Cheers

Rich

The water pump almost done!! Just some whistles and bells...Rich this a really simple and easy project My compliments!!!
Closed....
DSC01862.jpg

Opened...
DSC01861.jpg

The pump worked well!!! But I noticed some little seep around the fumes duct and around one bush...The batteries of my camera where out of order...so no pics..Sorry!! Tomorrow I have to be againe onto silver soldering.. :'( :'( :'(

Finally at fourth silver soldering attempt ALL known seeps were eliminated...
DSC01869.jpg

After 25 minutes the pressure ,10 bars at beginning, reached 2 bars stabilized....But
DSC01870.jpg

Moving the boiler I discovered that water amount!!!!
DSC01868.jpg

The seep is into the funnel but quite impossible to localize it....Could I use that boiler maybe under pressure limitation?..Please give me your advice...

Paolo,

My Friend. First you MUST find the source of the leak.
A leaky pipe fitting to the pump or gauge is one thing. Those are easy to fix
But with ANYTHING else it would be fool hardy to try to operate under steam. It must be repaired.

For your own safety, "Good Enough" doesn't cut it.

I would be glad to help you in any way I can as I am sure many others here would also, But please lets do it right.

Based on the puddle, I would look carefully at the bottom tube sheet or otherwise known as the crown sheet. I would appear that one of the joints is leaking. Be diligent and look carefully.

A Concerned Sincere Friend,

Dave

Palo,
Follow Dave's advice. I built a Boiler from PM Research and in the instructions they have a big WARNING do not try to operate boiler if it has any leaks they must be repaired. If there is a little leak, when you bring up the steam, you'll have a little steam powered rocket flying around your shop :eek: I had a leak in mine also. I went through every solder joint with the torch and reflowed all the joints and the leak was gone.
Tony

steamer said:
For your own safety, "Good Enough" doesn't cut it.

cobra428 said:
WARNING do not try to operate boiler if it has any leaks they must be repaired.

Please Paolo, this is more than just good advise, it's life saving. Listen to these guys they are absolutely and positively correct.

Best Regards
Bob

Thanks a lot my friends...I'll follow your advice... :bow: :bow: :bow: Is quite impossible to reflow all the joints of the cross water tube into funnel! I'm thinking to remove the upper plate and the entire funnel!! Doing that with caution maybe I can save the body and the lover plate. If that works I'll save work time and money!! So I have to rebuilt a new funnel and new top plate!! I have now a really professional torch for the next silver soldering session!!! I learned..it!!!!!!! ??? ???

Latest posts

Back