my new project model A

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the engineer

Reaction score
hi folks been a long time since posting been too busy just living finally getting out to the workshop again cleaning the rust from the tools (we live close to the coast) just like to share my new project shes going to be a hard one no plans or very little info I can find its a profi model a these are normally sold as a complete running engine so far so good I just spent the day yesterday tapping those 2mm threads no hickups so far

profi3.jpg

profi5.jpg

profi2.jpg

look up profi engines right at the bottom of the page
I dont know where these castings came from originally or how they got to england but I saw them on ebay they were relisted twice and i could not really afford them but sold a recon engine from the shed just in time to bid
15 years ago when we first got the computer there was a complete one on auction I think it was from a collection and went way out of my reach price wise and I still cant believe I have these to work on just have to sit down with calculator and drawing gear and try to sort out the internals as I have no specs or plans other than bore and stroke
http://www.hobbyclub.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=44_202

measuring and drawing from the full size specs every thing except the bore size scales to 1/5 so back to drawing proper drawings I can work with for building this little paper weight
the photo is of the twin carb hot rod model that hobby club sent me in reply to some questions I had a very helpful company to deal with

ford-A_two_carbs.JPG

Latest posts

Back