My first rendering at engine building.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMS

Reaction score
New here, but not to the intrest. This is the result of my first engine.

DSCF2314.JPG

Hi AND wEc1 CMS

Interesting engine,nice work ,,,, any more photos ,,,,, th_rulze th_wwp ;D

Regards Rob

Hope these might help with the hunger.

DSCF2444.JPG

DSCF2446.JPG

DSCF2440.JPG

DSCF2441.JPG

A nice one indeed CMS. 400 - 450 mm overall length I'd guess? Details Matey, details! ;D

And welcome aboard!

Very Nice CMS :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

What Tel said,,,,,,,,, more info ;D

Regards Rob

CMS,

What tel said. ;D

I wish my first any of my engines looked as good as yours. :bow: :bow:

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

CMS,
Very nice and welcome. I hope you'll take us along on your next build.
Dennis

Very impressive engine.
Like the rest, I would like to know more about it. Seems like a lot of gears & levers etc. What is the function of all the gears. I'm used of seeing one set of gears to provide the four stroke & hit & miss function.

Made from a 1" steam tee with a 1.250" bore x 1.750" stroke with a 5 piece crank, one day I'll try learning to turn a one piece crank. Viewing from the rear, the gear set on the left is for ignition and exhaust timing. The blue lever on the left is just an extention of the exhaust lever that's tripped buy the cam, I left it long because it makes it easy to hold the exhaust valve open to freewheel the engine. The shiny lever forward the blue one is the latchout arm. The gear set on the right is for the flyball type governor, which is a shaft in a shaft. As speed increases, the foot of the governor, which is part of the inner shaft, applies force to the latchout arm and when it meets the exhaust pushrod they latch.
I think everything else might be straight forward, 4" flywheels and balanced using nuts and bolts to the inside of the flywheels, the carb was built from drawings from another set of model engine plans, homemade sparkplug. Minus the tong, it's 16" long x 8" wide x 12" tall and about 30 lbs.
This project was greatly influenced by my good friend and fellow modeler, Bill Johnson. His knowledge on the subject came with great appreciation when those "Tight-spots" arose.

Welcome to the forum CMS....and yeah...I'd really like to see a vid too!

Thats great! Very clever!

and a Karma from me!

Dave

I'll post a video as soon as I learn how. Will I need to put the video on Youtube, and then post a link???

I didn't. I post in photobucket like my pictures...and then from there to HMEM.

[youtube=425,350][/youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm1tzT9oYIU

WILL THIS WORK???

Very cool....

Chuck

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!
That's so cool!

Please, a few words about the engine -- do you have a post on this????

Respect
:bow:

tom

Very nice... I'd really like to see more on this one. :bow:

Thanks for the positive notes guys, I've be trying to load another video on YT that's about 5 minutes worth of run time, (fame), but the upload keeps failing. Yaw would most likely get board with it after about two minutes anyway.

Tom, I posted a few build specs earlier in the post but if there's a question you have I'll try to answer it the best I can.

One note I'd like to add about this forum over the others I frequent is the little spell check button just below. If it weren't for that, yaw'd think me's a dummy :big:

CMS said:
... Yaw would most likely get board with it after about two minutes anyway.

I know I wouldn't get bored watching it! Most of my YouTube videos are several minutes of watching an endmill walk around some odd part or another. ;D

Latest posts

Back