My first project Monitor Steam Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I might well be mad, but for my first project I've chosen to start with a Monitor Steam Engine using plan i found online from Julius De Waal. I wish I could find a sensible reason for choosing this project, but in truth I just thought it looks cool. At this point I should confess to a total novice. I've started on the frames, and curtainly a steep learning curve

IMG_1221.jpg

Hi !
Welcome !
I might well be mad, but for my first project I've chosen to start with a Monitor Steam Engine using plan i found online from Julius De Waal. I wish I could find a sensible reason for choosing this project, but in truth I just thought it looks cool. At this point I should confess to a total novice. I've started on the frames, and curtainly a steep learning curve

View attachment 135430

But anyway it looks great !

It is true that I am building the Monitor engine to the plans of Richard Carlsetdt. Not much to show yet.

I look forward to watching this thread.

Mark T
Cool .... I'm sure as a newbie I'll get struck quickly so i might be knocking on your virtual door :)

Update: Well I've added to the fame and managed to make the front and rear main bearing and attendant oil cups
IMG_1666.jpg

IMG_1667.jpg

I'm focusing on the bearings on the outter crank shafts at the moment. I'm not sure if my approach is the best idea but I elected to make them in pairs and separating them at the end. This is to try andensure they align properly at the end.
IMG_1669.jpg
IMG_1668.jpg

Latest posts

Back