My first model !! "Stirling Restless Jan"

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freaky

Reaction score
Hello I look around here a while, and see all kinds of models each more beautiful than the other :bow:
So I finally started my first Stirling model designed by Jan Ridders !
I've done this with great pleasure, I've learned a lot of this project and from all of you guys ;D
A few pictures of my first model

Greetings Erik

006  klein.jpg

004 klein.jpg

Hello Steve,
I'm already busy with a next project ;D
It will be a flame licker, from Jan Ridders also

grtz Erik

nice job erik. i just finished jans internal valve flame licker and runs good but is touchy to get started. needs to warm up good then it is a steady runner. i use cast iron for the cly. valve and pison now he has changed the plans to graphite. which one are you going to build? again nice job jonesie

Erik,

That is one beautiful engine. Very well done.

-Bob

Very nice Erik, Would love to see a video of it running also if you can.

Regards,
Bill

Hello Jonesie, I'm doing the same beautiful model that you just created :bow:
I also use cast iron for the cylinder and piston

Unfortunately no video, I'm still looking for the right tube !

Today I did some polishing :eek:
I have a few new pictures

grtz Erik

DSC00308.jpg

DSC00309.jpg

DSC00307.jpg

Wow! Freaky, beautiful piece of artwork there. Would love to see a video as well. Jans Ridders engines are often overlooked it seems for their engineering as well as artistic design. I have just recently developed a true appreciation for his work. Your example is well done and shows off these qualities. Bravo! Thm:

BC1
Jim

hi freaky, when i made my flame licker,i remade my piston and valve to less then .0005 fit and it runs alot better. also when i run mine i need to let it warn up real good and get the flame ste just like jan says and then it runs real good. waiting to see your finished engine good luck jonesie

Erik,

Very Nice. :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Latest posts

Back