My first engine ran today.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mbusha

Crotchety member
Reaction score
Just getting started. Finished my first engine today. Liney-1. Made a few mistakes, but learned a lot. Runs fine on just a little air. It was a lot of fun, starting twin cylinder Liney next.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oprSaW2T-lE[/ame]

Beautiful engine! Looks like jewelry! Great job.

John

Excellent performance @ 1 psi!!!

Congrats.

Very nicely finished. Congratulations on engine #1Thm:

Cheers,
Phil

well done, a nicely polished and well balanced flywheel. lok forward to your twin

Great looking engine, really great running engine. larry

What a great feeling when your first engine comes to life. You did a great job not only with the engine but the base is a nice touch. Keep it up. FYI the second and third will get your blood going as well. Lol

Dave

Very impressive finish and performance.

Kind regards

Geoff at Inky Engines

Nice one and you're in Tiffany to I suppose..?

Chris

Very well done and very good finishing for display. Wish I could finish up a job and make so good looking.

Gus Teng.

I realize that most don't retread a thread, nevertheless, I would like to say thank you all for the kind words and encouragement. It also makes me want to become a more active member of this community.

There is so much to learn, I suppose that's why it looks to be a great retirement hobby. 576 work days left, not that I'm counting.

Thanks again.

--Mark

I realize that most don't retread a thread, nevertheless, I would like to say thank you all for the kind words and encouragement. It also makes me want to become a more active member of this community.

There is so much to learn, I suppose that's why it looks to be a great retirement hobby. 576 work days left, not that I'm counting.

Thanks again.

--Mark[/QUOT

Hi Mark,
This a very worthwhile hobby to get addicted to. Wished I had gone into it from Day 1 of my retrenchement 2001.Wasted 3 years wandering like a lost soul.
In about 10 mins from now ,going to work in my 3 open-sided balcony machineshop. I have one more Deep Sea Fishing Rod Holder to finish up for a fishing mate. Imported Japanese eqv cost S$500 landed in Singapore. Material cost is S$20 and I have a surplus of $480 to spend on tooling.

Whenever a new project is on,every day has new challenges with no dateline
to meet but just to get a job done to your personal satisfaction and pride.

It is good to prepare yourself for eventual retirement.
This Sunday,heading over to fish the Burma Banks,Burma for 6 days.And the rod holders were custom made to meet our requirement. Will post my biggest catch in my Deep Sea Rod Holder Thread.

Latest posts

Back